Tower Hamlets’ best young speaker unveiled
An inspirational young speaker from Sir John Cass’s Foundation and Redcoat School emerged victorious in the Tower Hamlets regional final of a public speaking challenge.
Omar Mohammed’s speech on “independent thinking” wowed judges to scoop top prize in the competition, which was organized by the charity Speakers Trust and the Jack Petchey foundation.
The year 10’s effort was chosen ahead of 15 other pupils taken from 12 schools in Tower Hamlets.
His teacher at the school in Stepney Green, Byron Stanley, said: “It was an honour to be here at the regional final and I am extremely proud of Omar.
“It was a most interesting topic but he believed he could pull it off and he did.”
You may also want to watch:
The final was held at Swanlea School, Whitechapel, last Tuesday.
- 1 Tower Hamlets stages Covid jab festival
- 2 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 3 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 4 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 5 Campaigners oppose plans to change voting system for Tower Hamlets mayor
- 6 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 7 Vigil for June Harvey one year on from Bow crane tragedy
- 8 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 9 Leyton Orient boss Kenny Jackett pleased with pre-season preparations
- 10 Win a pair of Carabao Cup tickets to Leyton Orient vs Queens Park Rangers