Tower Hamlets College puts courses online so professionals don’t need time off work
- Credit: Archant
A new learning platform has been set up in east London to help young professionals take on courses to boost their careers without having to take time off or quit their jobs.
A deal has set up by Tower Hamlets College with e-Careers education company to increase involvement with the business community, particularly small and medium firms and young professionals working in neighbouring Canary Wharf.
The college wants to attract more people to its new range of accredited online learning courses.
“Many professionals know training and development is important for improving career opportunities,” a college spokesman explained.
“But they often fail to commit themselves due to concern with time out of the office.
You may also want to watch:
“This new partnership with e-Careers we hope will expand our links with businesses while attracting more local professionals looking to aid their career development.”
The new online learning platform means professionals are able to get access to a course at any time for either short or long periods from their own office without having to take time off or giving up their job altogether.
- 1 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 2 Tower Hamlets stages Covid jab festival
- 3 Man stabbed outside West India Quay DLR station
- 4 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 5 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 6 Campaigners taking on town hall to keep Isle of Dogs youth club open
- 7 Campaigners oppose plans to change voting system for Tower Hamlets mayor
- 8 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 9 Vigil for June Harvey one year on from Bow crane tragedy
- 10 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
Some 700 courses are now being offered through e-Careers which has successfully educated 325,000 students over the past five years alone.
Jonathan Ward, an e-Careers director, said: “The new platform is an addition for the college, for aspiring students and for small firms with learning opportunities now available to businesses and the community.”
Its most-popular courses are in business development, accountancy and project management.
The new online and accredited courses at Tower Hamlets College include Prince2 Project Management, Accountancy and Book Keeping and IT courses certified by Microsoft and Cisco.