Tower Hamlets pupils decorate hoardings as Vicky Park is restored
Tower Hamlets school children have been applying the finishing touches to a mural that will decorate hoardings in Victoria Park while the historic Burdett Coutts fountain is being restored.
Pupils from Mowlem Primary School in Bethnal Green last week put their touches on the art project, which a number of schools from across Tower Hamlets have already worked on.
The mural depicts the popular park during the four seasons and the Mowlem pupils were given the theme of summer as their inspiration.
As part of Victoria park’s �12m restoration, to bring it back to its 1840s splendour, the Burdett-Coutts fountain is being restored and will feature a new flower garden.
The other primary schools that have taken part in the art project include Old Ford in Bow and St John’s and Mowlem in Bethnal Green, along with Lauriston in Hackney.
You may also want to watch:
Park rangers also carried out workshops at schools where the children drew their interpretations of the park which will later be laser printed onto panels to be erected around the fountain.
The art project was sponsored by construction contractors Osborne working in the park.
- 1 Man, 19, stabbed in Stepney Green Park
- 2 Refugee fighting £2,850 claim in lettings agency dispute
- 3 Cyclist in critical condition after 'serious collision' in Bow
- 4 Jailed: Teenagers who left victim blind in one eye after train stabbing
- 5 Shoppers queue for bread on opening weekend of new Wapping street market
- 6 Canary Wharf floats idea for new green restaurant on water
- 7 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
- 8 Jobi McAnuff reveals focus is on run-in, rather taking O's job permanently
- 9 Brick Lane's famous bagel shop launches delivery service
- 10 'Hold still while I ink your portrait for Captain Tom challenge'