Tower Hamlets school celebrate languages day
- Credit: Archant
A Tower Hamlets school celebrated diversity within the classrooms on a special day dedicated to languages.
George Green’s School, in Manchester Road, marked the European Day of Languages on September 26 with teachers and students speaking a variety of languages on the day and food sampling.
Teachers embraced the day by writing the date in a different language and began each lesson of the day with a quick language starter.
Pupils were also asked to use the European Day of Language slogan “Talk to me” in a different language during the day.
Senior students also helped to teach other students languages with year 13 pupil Lukas Shamim teaching Portuguese to year 7 children, year 12 pupil Gabriella Bjornstad teaching Norwegian to year 8’s and Romanian speaker Daiana Stanciu teaching a group of year 9’s,10’s and 11’s the language.
You may also want to watch:
Through the week, assemblies were conducted by modern foreign language teachers, with pupils reciting in their own language.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 8 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 10 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns