Tower Hamlets school celebrate languages day
- Credit: Archant
A Tower Hamlets school celebrated diversity within the classrooms on a special day dedicated to languages.
George Green’s School, in Manchester Road, marked the European Day of Languages on September 26 with teachers and students speaking a variety of languages on the day and food sampling.
Teachers embraced the day by writing the date in a different language and began each lesson of the day with a quick language starter.
Pupils were also asked to use the European Day of Language slogan “Talk to me” in a different language during the day.
Senior students also helped to teach other students languages with year 13 pupil Lukas Shamim teaching Portuguese to year 7 children, year 12 pupil Gabriella Bjornstad teaching Norwegian to year 8’s and Romanian speaker Daiana Stanciu teaching a group of year 9’s,10’s and 11’s the language.
You may also want to watch:
Through the week, assemblies were conducted by modern foreign language teachers, with pupils reciting in their own language.
- 1 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 2 East End pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 Fire crews fight blaze in railway arch in Bow
- 4 Boxpark reopening in Shoreditch with face masks and Covid hygiene measures
- 5 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff full of praise for Cheltenham Town after loss
- 6 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 7 Housing protest at Shadwell's Watney Market over service charges hike
- 8 'Torrent of hate' stalker tweeted pictures of victim on social media
- 9 Opposing 'privatisation of NHS by stealth'
- 10 Woman from Limehouse charged after Kill the Bill protest