Tower Hamlets school celebrate languages day
- Credit: Archant
A Tower Hamlets school celebrated diversity within the classrooms on a special day dedicated to languages.
George Green’s School, in Manchester Road, marked the European Day of Languages on September 26 with teachers and students speaking a variety of languages on the day and food sampling.
Teachers embraced the day by writing the date in a different language and began each lesson of the day with a quick language starter.
Pupils were also asked to use the European Day of Language slogan “Talk to me” in a different language during the day.
Senior students also helped to teach other students languages with year 13 pupil Lukas Shamim teaching Portuguese to year 7 children, year 12 pupil Gabriella Bjornstad teaching Norwegian to year 8’s and Romanian speaker Daiana Stanciu teaching a group of year 9’s,10’s and 11’s the language.
You may also want to watch:
Through the week, assemblies were conducted by modern foreign language teachers, with pupils reciting in their own language.
- 1 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 2 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 3 John McDonnell is character witness for Poplar MP accused of housing fraud
- 4 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 5 Driver demo blocks Uber's Whitechapel HQ in termination appeals dispute
- 6 Community patrols to stamp out Poplar's street crime
- 7 Ice cream parlour with 'no added sugar' to open in Canary Wharf
- 8 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 9 Youthful Orient side nab a draw away to Dulwich Hamlet
- 10 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted