Tower Hamlets school celebrate languages day
- Credit: Archant
A Tower Hamlets school celebrated diversity within the classrooms on a special day dedicated to languages.
George Green’s School, in Manchester Road, marked the European Day of Languages on September 26 with teachers and students speaking a variety of languages on the day and food sampling.
Teachers embraced the day by writing the date in a different language and began each lesson of the day with a quick language starter.
Pupils were also asked to use the European Day of Language slogan “Talk to me” in a different language during the day.
Senior students also helped to teach other students languages with year 13 pupil Lukas Shamim teaching Portuguese to year 7 children, year 12 pupil Gabriella Bjornstad teaching Norwegian to year 8’s and Romanian speaker Daiana Stanciu teaching a group of year 9’s,10’s and 11’s the language.
You may also want to watch:
Through the week, assemblies were conducted by modern foreign language teachers, with pupils reciting in their own language.
- 1 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 2 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 3 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 4 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 7 Ruel Sotiriou has a big role to play for Leyton Orient says boss Jackett
- 8 Man found stabbed on board night bus
- 9 'Ballet at its absolute best' coming to Canary Wharf this weekend
- 10 Kitchen blaze sees warning issued over 'strange noises' from appliances