Loughborough University offers unemployed graduates from Tower Hamlets help to find work
- Credit: Loughborough University
Unemployed graduates from Tower Hamlets are being offered support to help them find work.
Inspiring Success is a two-part initiative from Loughborough University which provides employability advice and master’s funding for graduates who are struggling to find work, or are employed in jobs which don’t require their level of qualifications. The programme includes networking exercises, talks and access to a careers advisor.
To be eligible to take part in the scheme, graduates must have at least a 2:2 from a UK university or equivalent overseas qualification. They should have finished university at least six months before the start of the programme, and must be either unemployed, underemployed, or earning below £570.90 per week.
Participants must also live in Hackney, Newham, Tower Hamlets or Waltham Forest, or have done their GCSEs or A Levels there.
There’ll be an information session about the initiative on June 4 at Westfield in Stratford from 2-4pm.
You may also want to watch:
Contact London@lboro.ac.uk with your name and contact number to register for the session.
- 1 Man, 19, stabbed in Stepney Green Park
- 2 Refugee fighting £2,850 claim in lettings agency dispute
- 3 Cyclist in critical condition after 'serious collision' in Bow
- 4 Shoppers queue for bread on opening weekend of new Wapping street market
- 5 Shops reopening after lockdown now fear council rent hikes
- 6 Jailed: Teenagers who left victim blind in one eye after train stabbing
- 7 Unmesh Desai: British Bangladeshi community is important part of the East End
- 8 'Torrent of hate' stalker tweeted pictures of victim on social media
- 9 Leyton Orient still not at the level top sides are says boss Jobi McAnuff
- 10 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London