Loughborough University offers unemployed graduates from Tower Hamlets help to find work
- Credit: Loughborough University
Unemployed graduates from Tower Hamlets are being offered support to help them find work.
Inspiring Success is a two-part initiative from Loughborough University which provides employability advice and master’s funding for graduates who are struggling to find work, or are employed in jobs which don’t require their level of qualifications. The programme includes networking exercises, talks and access to a careers advisor.
To be eligible to take part in the scheme, graduates must have at least a 2:2 from a UK university or equivalent overseas qualification. They should have finished university at least six months before the start of the programme, and must be either unemployed, underemployed, or earning below £570.90 per week.
Participants must also live in Hackney, Newham, Tower Hamlets or Waltham Forest, or have done their GCSEs or A Levels there.
There’ll be an information session about the initiative on June 4 at Westfield in Stratford from 2-4pm.
You may also want to watch:
Contact London@lboro.ac.uk with your name and contact number to register for the session.
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 3 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 4 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 5 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 8 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 10 How seaweed can help save the planet, east London inventor reveals