Loughborough University offers unemployed graduates from Tower Hamlets help to find work
- Credit: Loughborough University
Unemployed graduates from Tower Hamlets are being offered support to help them find work.
Inspiring Success is a two-part initiative from Loughborough University which provides employability advice and master’s funding for graduates who are struggling to find work, or are employed in jobs which don’t require their level of qualifications. The programme includes networking exercises, talks and access to a careers advisor.
To be eligible to take part in the scheme, graduates must have at least a 2:2 from a UK university or equivalent overseas qualification. They should have finished university at least six months before the start of the programme, and must be either unemployed, underemployed, or earning below £570.90 per week.
Participants must also live in Hackney, Newham, Tower Hamlets or Waltham Forest, or have done their GCSEs or A Levels there.
There’ll be an information session about the initiative on June 4 at Westfield in Stratford from 2-4pm.
You may also want to watch:
Contact London@lboro.ac.uk with your name and contact number to register for the session.
- 1 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 2 East End to open Book of Condolence in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 Fire crews fight blaze in railway arch in Bow
- 4 Housing protest at Shadwell's Watney Market over service charges hike
- 5 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 6 Woman from Limehouse charged after Kill the Bill protest
- 7 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion
- 8 'Blow the whistle on Amazon pay and conditions,' protesters urge
- 9 Jailed: Smash-and-grab perfume raiders get 18 years between them
- 10 'Torrent of hate' stalker tweeted pictures of victim on social media