Whitechapel primary school gets ‘outstanding’ Ofsted rating
An East End primary school has been praised as “outstanding” across the board by education watchdog Ofsted.
St Paul’s Whitechapel Church of England Primary School got a clean sweep of top marks after a two day inspection in May.
The school, in Wellclose Square, was praised by inspectors as “highly effective in delivering outcomes that provide exceptionally well for all its pupils’ needs”.
Headteacher Terry Bennett said: “We are absolutely delighted that Ofsted have acknowledged the many strengths of St Paul’s school.
“The staff, children, governors, parents and carers and all members of the St Paul’s family should feel very proud of themselves.”
You may also want to watch:
Inspectors singled out the standard of pupils’ reading and writing, as well as their positive attitudes, for praise.
Their report added: “Pupils are very proud of their school and all speak positively about how much they enjoy and value being a part of it.”
- 1 Leyton Orient confident next manager will take them to the next level
- 2 Leyton Orient reportedly down to final three candidates
- 3 Man, 20, found fighting for life at illegal rave in Bow
- 4 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 5 South Africa and Indian Covid variants found in Shoreditch and Dalston
- 6 Fire breaks out in flat near New Providence Wharf tower block
- 7 Covid-19 mass testing after variant detected in E1 postal area
- 8 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 9 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job
- 10 'Stop building more towers,' MP at protest after New Providence Wharf fire