Whitechapel primary school gets ‘outstanding’ Ofsted rating
An East End primary school has been praised as “outstanding” across the board by education watchdog Ofsted.
St Paul’s Whitechapel Church of England Primary School got a clean sweep of top marks after a two day inspection in May.
The school, in Wellclose Square, was praised by inspectors as “highly effective in delivering outcomes that provide exceptionally well for all its pupils’ needs”.
Headteacher Terry Bennett said: “We are absolutely delighted that Ofsted have acknowledged the many strengths of St Paul’s school.
“The staff, children, governors, parents and carers and all members of the St Paul’s family should feel very proud of themselves.”
Inspectors singled out the standard of pupils’ reading and writing, as well as their positive attitudes, for praise.
Their report added: “Pupils are very proud of their school and all speak positively about how much they enjoy and value being a part of it.”
- 1 Single van racks up £36k of fines in Tower Hamlets
- 2 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 3 Delayed Canary Wharf 'portacabin' hotel hopes to open in 2022
- 4 Liveable Streets: Councillors remove some Brick Lane closures after 'backlash'
- 5 Free vegan food at Spitalfields Market
- 6 Housing association apologises after sewage leaks at Isle of Dogs tower blocks
- 7 Trio accused of Bow Lock murder were 'associates' of victim 'Aqil' Mahdi
- 8 Strike action will hit Central and Victoria line Night Tube services this weekend
- 9 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 10 County lines drug dealer jailed