Whitechapel primary school gets ‘outstanding’ Ofsted rating
An East End primary school has been praised as “outstanding” across the board by education watchdog Ofsted.
St Paul’s Whitechapel Church of England Primary School got a clean sweep of top marks after a two day inspection in May.
The school, in Wellclose Square, was praised by inspectors as “highly effective in delivering outcomes that provide exceptionally well for all its pupils’ needs”.
Headteacher Terry Bennett said: “We are absolutely delighted that Ofsted have acknowledged the many strengths of St Paul’s school.
“The staff, children, governors, parents and carers and all members of the St Paul’s family should feel very proud of themselves.”
You may also want to watch:
Inspectors singled out the standard of pupils’ reading and writing, as well as their positive attitudes, for praise.
Their report added: “Pupils are very proud of their school and all speak positively about how much they enjoy and value being a part of it.”
- 1 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 2 Poplar MP acquitted of Tower Hamlets housing fraud
- 3 Vigil for June Harvey one year on from Bow crane tragedy
- 4 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 5 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 6 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 7 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 8 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 9 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road
- 10 Unlocked rooms created 'radiation exposure risk' at hospital, inspectors report