Whitechapel schoolgirl Ellie makes Boris Johnson’s Christmas with her card design
BUDDING young artist Ellie Feldman’s Christmas card designs will be dropping through hundreds of post boxes when London mayor Boris Johnson sends out his Christmas cards this year.
Ellie, who is a Year 6 pupil at St Anne’s Roman Catholic Primary School in Whitechapel, came up with the winning design in the mayor’s Christmas card competition.
He dropped into her school assembly in Underwood Road today (Friday) to congratulate her on her card which features Three Wise Men cycling on the “Boris bikes” available to hire throughout the city.
The card will be sent to individuals and organisations across the capital by the mayor this Christmas.
Mr Johnson said: “This tremendously fun festive card caught my eye immediately - what an ingenious idea to place the Three Wise Men on our magnificent hire bikes! It’s guaranteed to put a smile on everyone’s face and I’d like to thank the creative youngster who designed it for me.”
You may also want to watch:
Five primary schools, including Whitmore and Sebright primaries in Hackney took part in the competition to design the Mayor’s Christmas card and there were more than 250 entries.
St Anne’s school works with the volunteer educational project City Year which is supported by the Mayor’s Fund for London.
- 1 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 3 New Providence Wharf fire: Two in hospital and 42 treated at scene
- 4 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 5 New Providence Wharf: The four-year fight to remove 'Grenfell cladding'
- 6 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 7 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 8 Street food and farmers' market return to City Island
- 9 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 10 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'
Chris Robinson, director of the Mayor’s Fund said: “Congratulations to Ellie for her inspired Christmas card design. We are delighted that her school, St Anne’s, is taking part in the excellent City Year scheme, which offers young people the opportunity to volunteer in inner city schools and help make a real difference to their own lives and those of the pupils.”The Mayor’s Fund is supporting the project as part of its mission to improve the life chances and aspirations of disadvantaged children, young people and their families in London.