Eid party ends fast of Ramadan in East End care centre
STAFF and residents of a care scheme got into the party spirit to celebrate the Muslim festival of Eid in London’s East End. It included dancving and music from Bengali singer Alaur Rahman, with decorations and a feast to mark the end of Ramadan
STAFF and residents of a care scheme got into the party spirit to celebrate the Muslim festival of Eid in London's East End.
It included dancing, music from a support worker and well known Bengali singer Alaur Rahman, henna art, decorations and a feast to mark the end of the fast of Ramadan.
The festivities were organised at Sanctuary Care's Sonali Gardens centre in Shadwell, decorated throughout in traditional red, green, white and orange flowers.
You may also want to watch:
The centre, which provides an alternative to conventional care homes where residents have their own flat in an established scheme to remain independent longer, plans its next Eid celebrations inn December.
- 1 Jailed: Bethnal Green man who tried to buy hand grenade to use on police
- 2 Police bid to trace man in connection with Tube station sex assault
- 3 Trial date set for MP Apsana Begum charged with 'housing fraud'
- 4 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 5 Leyton Orient agree new deal with defender Dan Happe
- 6 Travel: Roadworks at Shoreditch and Bishopsgate could slow traffic
- 7 Docklands man pleads guilty to firearms offences
- 8 Former Leyton Orient striker Lee Angol joins Bradford City
- 9 Connor Wood keen to keep developing at Leyton Orient under Kenny Jackett
- 10 Fear of crime stalked households during Covid lockdown