Eid party ends fast of Ramadan in East End care centre
STAFF and residents of a care scheme got into the party spirit to celebrate the Muslim festival of Eid in London’s East End. It included dancving and music from Bengali singer Alaur Rahman, with decorations and a feast to mark the end of Ramadan
STAFF and residents of a care scheme got into the party spirit to celebrate the Muslim festival of Eid in London's East End.
It included dancing, music from a support worker and well known Bengali singer Alaur Rahman, henna art, decorations and a feast to mark the end of the fast of Ramadan.
The festivities were organised at Sanctuary Care's Sonali Gardens centre in Shadwell, decorated throughout in traditional red, green, white and orange flowers.
You may also want to watch:
The centre, which provides an alternative to conventional care homes where residents have their own flat in an established scheme to remain independent longer, plans its next Eid celebrations inn December.
- 1 Teenager suffers 'life-changing' injuries after alleged attack in Shadwell
- 2 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 3 Two men rescued from Shadwell flat fire
- 4 Truman Brewery offices, shops and restaurants plan gets green light
- 5 Truman's Brewery future being debated at Tower Hamlets Council
- 6 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust
- 7 Rape victim speaks out as Met Police relaunch Ask for Angela scheme
- 8 Depth up front is going to be vital says Leyton Orient boss Jackett
- 9 Councillor ex-husband of MP Apsana Begum suspended from Labour Party
- 10 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man