Eid party ends fast of Ramadan in East End care centre
STAFF and residents of a care scheme got into the party spirit to celebrate the Muslim festival of Eid in London’s East End. It included dancving and music from Bengali singer Alaur Rahman, with decorations and a feast to mark the end of Ramadan
STAFF and residents of a care scheme got into the party spirit to celebrate the Muslim festival of Eid in London's East End.
It included dancing, music from a support worker and well known Bengali singer Alaur Rahman, henna art, decorations and a feast to mark the end of the fast of Ramadan.
The festivities were organised at Sanctuary Care's Sonali Gardens centre in Shadwell, decorated throughout in traditional red, green, white and orange flowers.
You may also want to watch:
The centre, which provides an alternative to conventional care homes where residents have their own flat in an established scheme to remain independent longer, plans its next Eid celebrations inn December.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 3 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 4 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 5 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 10 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19