Eighth man arrested after York Hall murder in Bethnal Green
- Credit: Archant
A 23-year-old man has been arrested in connection with the death of Luther Edwards who died after being stabbed in the heart.
The suspect, arrested on Wednesday on suspicion of murder, has been bailed until a date in late November pending further inquiries.
Police were called around 22.35 to reports of a stabbing near Bethnal Green Underground Station on Friday, July 29.
Paramedics and police found Luther collapsed on the forecourt of a petrol station at the junction of Old Ford Road and Cambridge Heath Road, Bethnal Green.
Luther, 31, had been attending a boxing event inside York Hall, in Old Ford Road, when he became involved in an altercation before being attacked by several people as he left the premises.
You may also want to watch:
He was pronounced dead at an eat London hospital a little more than an hour after police were called.
A post-mortem examination held at Poplar Mortuary on Monday, August 1, gave the cause of death as a stab wound to the heart.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 8 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
Detectives are appealing for witnesses or anyone with information to come forward and said they’re keeping an open mind as to the motive for the attack.
The suspect becomes the eighth man to be arrested in connection with Luther’s death after seven men were arrested between August and September.
All seven were taken to east London police stations and were later bailed to return on dates in January 2017.
Any witnesses or anyone with any information should call the incident room on 020 8345 3715.