Elation at A Level results at Tower Hamlets College
THERE were smiles all around at Tower Hamlets College last Thursday as the long and nervous wait for A Level and BTEC results finally came to an end. Students at the Poplar High Street college achieved and overall A-E pass rate of 94 per cent and a pass r
THERE were smiles all around at Tower Hamlets College last Thursday as the long and nervous wait for A Level and BTEC results finally came to an end.
Students at the Poplar High Street college achieved and overall A-E pass rate of 94 per cent and a pass rate of 100 per cent in eight subjects.
Shalina Begum got 'A's in law, sociology and English and is now going on to study law and the School of Orienntal and African Studies at the University of London with a bursary from law firm Simmons and Simmons.
She said: "It hasn't really sunk in yet, I have never really been a straight A student. It was reading student success stories that inspired me to work harder and turn things around.
You may also want to watch:
"There were moments in the year that I felt like giving up, but the encouragement and support of my lecturers enabled me to succeed."
Another straight A student, Sam Pointon, studied maths, further maths and physics and is now due to study at Cambridge University.
- 1 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 2 Poplar MP acquitted of Tower Hamlets housing fraud
- 3 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 4 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 5 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 6 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 7 Unlocked rooms created 'radiation exposure risk' at hospital, inspectors report
- 8 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 9 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road
- 10 Jury sent home for the day in MP Apsana Begum's trial on housing fraud charges