Elation at A Level results at Tower Hamlets College
THERE were smiles all around at Tower Hamlets College last Thursday as the long and nervous wait for A Level and BTEC results finally came to an end. Students at the Poplar High Street college achieved and overall A-E pass rate of 94 per cent and a pass r
THERE were smiles all around at Tower Hamlets College last Thursday as the long and nervous wait for A Level and BTEC results finally came to an end.
Students at the Poplar High Street college achieved and overall A-E pass rate of 94 per cent and a pass rate of 100 per cent in eight subjects.
Shalina Begum got 'A's in law, sociology and English and is now going on to study law and the School of Orienntal and African Studies at the University of London with a bursary from law firm Simmons and Simmons.
She said: "It hasn't really sunk in yet, I have never really been a straight A student. It was reading student success stories that inspired me to work harder and turn things around.
"There were moments in the year that I felt like giving up, but the encouragement and support of my lecturers enabled me to succeed."
Another straight A student, Sam Pointon, studied maths, further maths and physics and is now due to study at Cambridge University.
- 1 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 2 Liveable Streets: Councillors remove some Brick Lane closures after 'backlash'
- 3 Housing association apologises after sewage leaks at Isle of Dogs tower blocks
- 4 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 5 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?
- 6 Single van racks up £36k of fines in Tower Hamlets
- 7 Man masturbates on Central line train in front of two women
- 8 Leyton Orient could send goalkeeper Sargeant back out on loan
- 9 County lines drug dealer jailed
- 10 Trio accused of Bow Lock murder were 'associates' of victim 'Aqil' Mahdi