Elation at A Level results at Tower Hamlets College
THERE were smiles all around at Tower Hamlets College last Thursday as the long and nervous wait for A Level and BTEC results finally came to an end. Students at the Poplar High Street college achieved and overall A-E pass rate of 94 per cent and a pass r
THERE were smiles all around at Tower Hamlets College last Thursday as the long and nervous wait for A Level and BTEC results finally came to an end.
Students at the Poplar High Street college achieved and overall A-E pass rate of 94 per cent and a pass rate of 100 per cent in eight subjects.
Shalina Begum got 'A's in law, sociology and English and is now going on to study law and the School of Orienntal and African Studies at the University of London with a bursary from law firm Simmons and Simmons.
She said: "It hasn't really sunk in yet, I have never really been a straight A student. It was reading student success stories that inspired me to work harder and turn things around.
You may also want to watch:
"There were moments in the year that I felt like giving up, but the encouragement and support of my lecturers enabled me to succeed."
Another straight A student, Sam Pointon, studied maths, further maths and physics and is now due to study at Cambridge University.
- 1 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 2 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 3 Covid patients in intensive care down to single figures at hospital trust
- 4 Fast broadband deal is signed for thousands of East End homes
- 5 Teenager arrested after 13-year-old stabbed in Isle of Dogs
- 6 Covid-19 mass testing after variant detected in E1 postal area
- 7 Voting in the Isle of Dogs Neighbourhood Planning Referendum
- 8 Hundreds of boilers break down in the East End during pandemic
- 9 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'
- 10 Ramadan explained: Everything you need to know about the Islamic holy month