Elderly care in Tower Hamlets rated among the best in the country
VULNERABLE and elderly residents in the East End are receiving some of the best social care in the country, according a government watchdog. Tower Hamlets council has scored top marks in a report by the Care Quality Commission for its adult care servic
VULNERABLE and elderly residents in the East End are receiving some of the best social care in the country, according a government watchdog.
Tower Hamlets council has scored top marks in a report by the Care Quality Commission for its adult care services.
It received the highest score of "excellent" for six out of seven categories, rating it as the second highest performing authority in the country.
And the grading also placed it at the top of the pile in London, along with Westminster council.
You may also want to watch:
Around 148 councils were assessed on seven categories including the way they improve health and well-being for elderly residents and ensure they are free from discrimination and harassment.
But the council still has room for improvement in terms of the dignity and respect shown to individuals dependent on their care as it received the second highest rating of 'well' in this category.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 5 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 6 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 7 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 8 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 9 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 10 Leyton Orient seal late victory over Morecambe