Elderly care in Tower Hamlets rated among the best in the country
VULNERABLE and elderly residents in the East End are receiving some of the best social care in the country, according a government watchdog. Tower Hamlets council has scored top marks in a report by the Care Quality Commission for its adult care servic
VULNERABLE and elderly residents in the East End are receiving some of the best social care in the country, according a government watchdog.
Tower Hamlets council has scored top marks in a report by the Care Quality Commission for its adult care services.
It received the highest score of "excellent" for six out of seven categories, rating it as the second highest performing authority in the country.
And the grading also placed it at the top of the pile in London, along with Westminster council.
You may also want to watch:
Around 148 councils were assessed on seven categories including the way they improve health and well-being for elderly residents and ensure they are free from discrimination and harassment.
But the council still has room for improvement in terms of the dignity and respect shown to individuals dependent on their care as it received the second highest rating of 'well' in this category.
- 1 Man stabbed outside West India Quay DLR station
- 2 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 3 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 4 Campaigners taking on town hall to keep Isle of Dogs youth club open
- 5 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 6 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 7 Eggslut food truck to bring 'edible breakfast cloud' to Shoreditch
- 8 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 9 Campaigners oppose plans to change voting system for Tower Hamlets mayor
- 10 Tokyo 2020: Poplar children have their own 'Olympics'