Elderly care in Tower Hamlets rated among the best in the country
VULNERABLE and elderly residents in the East End are receiving some of the best social care in the country, according a government watchdog. Tower Hamlets council has scored top marks in a report by the Care Quality Commission for its adult care servic
VULNERABLE and elderly residents in the East End are receiving some of the best social care in the country, according a government watchdog.
Tower Hamlets council has scored top marks in a report by the Care Quality Commission for its adult care services.
It received the highest score of "excellent" for six out of seven categories, rating it as the second highest performing authority in the country.
And the grading also placed it at the top of the pile in London, along with Westminster council.
You may also want to watch:
Around 148 councils were assessed on seven categories including the way they improve health and well-being for elderly residents and ensure they are free from discrimination and harassment.
But the council still has room for improvement in terms of the dignity and respect shown to individuals dependent on their care as it received the second highest rating of 'well' in this category.
- 1 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 2 Covid-19 mass testing after variant detected in E1 postal area
- 3 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 4 Teenager arrested after 13-year-old stabbed in Isle of Dogs
- 5 Ramadan explained: Everything you need to know about the Islamic holy month
- 6 Covid patients in intensive care down to single figures at hospital trust
- 7 Orient boss McAnuff determined to not help Salford City into the play-offs
- 8 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'
- 9 Voting in the Isle of Dogs Neighbourhood Planning Referendum
- 10 Man, 19, stabbed in Stepney Green Park