Election 2010: Jim Fitzpatrick slams 'vote fraud' in Poplar and Limehouse
LABOUR S Jim Fitzpatrick, who is contesting Poplar and Limehouse, condemned any attempts at electoral fraud. He said: I have totally condemned any kind of electoral fraud. We fully support the most thorough investigation by the police and electoral autho
LABOUR'S Jim Fitzpatrick, who is contesting Poplar and Limehouse, condemned any attempts at electoral fraud.
He said: "I have totally condemned any kind of electoral fraud. We fully support the most thorough investigation by the police and electoral authorities."
He added: "If anybody has committed such dastardly acts they should be exposed to the full extent of the law."
He said his party would punish any-wrongdoers if it emerges that any are Labour members.
You may also want to watch:
But he added that the General Election vote will go ahead in Poplar and Limehouse and Bethnal Green and Bow.
"I'm sure that the authorities will scrutinise the votes as diligently as possible."
- 1 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 2 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 3 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 4 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 5 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 6 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 7 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 8 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 9 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 10 New pizza restaurant opening with drag and disco party
Stephanie Eaton, the Lib Dem's leader in Tower Hamlets, has called for reform of the entire postal voters registration system.
She said she will contact the Electoral Commission calling for more stringent checks of identity before people are admitted onto the electoral roll.
She said: "I totally condemn election fraud."
But she added she welcomes any party highlighting suspicions of any potential election fraud.