Emergency dental care facing an overhaul
PATIENTS needing urgent dental care in the East End could find it easier to get an emergency appointment under plans to give the service an overhaul. Health chiefs are proposing that residents across North East London including Tower Hamlets, who call t
PATIENTS needing urgent dental care in the East End could find it easier to get an emergency appointment under plans to give the service an overhaul.
Health chiefs are proposing that residents across North East London including Tower Hamlets, who call the NHS out-of-hours service or visit the walk-in centre at the Royal London Hospital, be assessed before seeing a dentist.
The Royal London in Whitechapel and the South Hornchurch Clinic in Essex are home to the only walk-in dental centres in the area and often patients queue for hours during the evenings and weekends to see a dentist.
But under the proposed plans it will not be the emergency patients who are turned away as those needing dental care within 12 hours or needing a weekend appointment will be seen at the centres.
You may also want to watch:
And non-emergency cases will be referred to another dentist in the borough.
Patients in the effected boroughs including City & Hackney, Newham, Redbridge, Havering, Waltham Forest and Barking and Dagenham have until November 30 to have a say on the plans.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 5 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 6 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 7 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 8 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 9 Surplus DLR land released at Bow for new housing to tackle homes shortage
- 10 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?