Edinburgh excited to watch Orient’s Ekpiteta represent England C
- Credit: Archant
The defender is set to start for Paul Fairclough’s team this evening at O’s Breyer Group Stadium
Leyton Orient head coach Justin Edinburgh is excited to watch one of his players potentially represent their country tonight (Wednesday).
England C will be playing a friendly with Estonia’s under-23 this evening and it will be hosted by the O’s at the Breyer Group Stadium.
The 7.45pm kick-off should have Orient’s Marvin Ekpiteta involved from the off, but Josh Koroma has been forced to pull out with a knee injury.
Despite Koroma’s fitness problems, Myles Judd, who was on the England C contingency list, has not been called into the 16-man squad.
You may also want to watch:
It means Judd will probably just be a spectator as one of his team-mates pulls on the Three Lions shirt.
One person sure to be in the crowd is Orient head coach Edinburgh, who confirmed last week he will be there to watch the international fixture.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 4 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 5 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 8 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 9 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
“We will absolutely get along to the game. All of the staff will be watching it for sure,” the O’s boss revealed.
Koroma featured in the last squad back in May and made his debut with Orient’s Sam Ling also in the side against the Republic of Ireland Amateur team in Dublin.
Right-back Ling has since lost his spot in the starting XI to Judd and so has not made England C selection this time, but Orient are well represented regardless.
It has been the opposite trajectory for centre back Ekpiteta, who has forced his way into Edinburgh’s team this term and been a regular since August 11.
He will hope to make his debut on the international stage and it will cap a superb few months for the ex-East Thurrock United defender, who only joined the club in January.
Edinburgh said: “I would have thought Marvin will make his England C debut.
“He is improving with every game, and Josh is the same. Also, there are a lot of boys in our team who are in this position for the first time up at the top and challenging and winning games.
“So, I am looking forward to the England C fixture and of course hoping to see Marvin involved.”
A statement on the official club website added: “We are delighted to be hosting an international friendly.
“We’d love to see as many O’s fans cheering Marvin on as possible.”
Tickets cost £5 for adults and are free for seniors (65+) and juniors (under-18s).