How many England footballers has your borough produced since 1966?
- Credit: PA
The number of England national team footballers produced by each London borough has been revealed, ahead of Euro 2020 kicking off next week.
A new study looked at the birthplace of each player selected to represent the Three Lions at a European Championship or World Cup since 1966.
Eight players hailing from Havering have been called up, seven from Tower Hamlets and four from Westminster, the research found.
Three players from Redbridge have pulled on the England shirt at international tournaments, along with two each from the boroughs of Hackney and Brent, according to the study by online betting review site Bookmakers.tv.
Another 54 players came from other London boroughs.
You may also want to watch:
England’s squad for Euro 2020 this summer includes Chelsea right-back Reece James, who was born in Ilford.
His England teammate and Manchester City attacker Raheem Sterling, born in Kingston, Jamaica, grew up in Brent.
- 1 Trial date set for MP Apsana Begum charged with 'housing fraud'
- 2 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 3 Friends of John Pierce compiling 'book of memories' for his family
- 4 Docklands man pleads guilty to firearms offences
- 5 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 6 Police renew appeal over disappearance of man last seen in Poplar
- 7 Man 'brandishes gun' in busy Canary Wharf restaurant
- 8 Plans mooted to change East End MP constituency boundaries
- 9 Trees now up for 'adoption' to help make East End greener
- 10 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets