Entrepreneur wins 10 days free trading at Spitalfields Market
TABITHA Potts is a budding entrepreneur who has won 10 days free trading in London’s Old Spitalfields Market to test her business ideas. The 39-year-old won a national enterprise contest after setting up her online business selling 'ethical' babywear
TABITHA Potts is a budding East End entrepreneur who has won 10 days free trading in London's Old Spitalfields Market to test her business ideas for real.
The 39-year-old won the 10 days in a national enterprise contest after setting up her own 'ethical' online business for families who want their kids to 'grow up green.'
She noticed a lack of suppliers on the Worldwide Web selling eco-friendly organic baby clothes.
"I can't wait to get going," she said, just as she set up her stall in Spitalfields Market today. "Markets are great test grounds for people like me to get real feedback from the public."
Tabitha was one of 71 shortlisted up and down the country in the competition by Enterprise UK, which has sent a judge down to Spitalfields this lunchtime to check her out for the national finals.
You may also want to watch:
It could put her in with a chance in the 'battle of entrepreneurs' to win the top prize of six months' trading and backing to set up a business for real.
Spitalfields Market manager Eric Graham said: "Tabitha has what it takes to turn a business idea into reality. She is flying the flag for the East End."
Tabitha got help from the East London Small Business centre and a loan from the bank to build her Mimimyne website, which has been nominated for several awards including Thames Gateway Business, Archant Environment 2009 and this year's Women on their Way.
- 1 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 2 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 3 Two hospitalised as 60 firefighters tackle blaze in Stratford
- 4 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 5 Why some families can't leave Bow's 'dangerous structure' tower block
- 6 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 7 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 8 Tower hamlets killing: £20,000 reward offered as two men sought for queries
- 9 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 10 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man