Essam deal confirmed
- Credit: Archant
Orient reveal they have agreed a fee with Dover Athletic meaning the transfer of Connor Essam is officially complete
Leyton Orient have confirmed that an undisclosed fee has been agreed with Dover Athletic in regards to the sale of Connor Essam.
The defender was announced as an Orient player last Monday alongside the likes of Frazer Shaw, Alan Dunne and Alex Cisak.
But reports surfaced afterwards that Dover, where Essam played during the 2014/15 campaign, hadn’t agreed a transfer figure with the O’s.
The National League side revealed their unhappiness after Orient decided to confirm the signing of Essam despite no figure being agreed between the two clubs.
You may also want to watch:
Dover chairman Jim Parmenter told BBC Radio Kent last week that the O’s were “a little bit forward in announcing they have signed Essam. They are a professional club and know the rules.”
However it seems all has been resolved with the League Two side releasing a statement this afternoon confirmed a deal has been reached between the two teams.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 4 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 5 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 8 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 9 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 10 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
“Leyton Orient are pleased to announce today that an undisclosed fee has been agreed with Dover Athletic in regards to the sale of Connor Essam,” a statement on the official club website read.
“No FA Tribunal will be required and throughout this transfer the club have always acted in a correct, professional manner.”