Essam links up with Hendon again
- Credit: Archant
Versatile defender agrees to join Orient after successful trial
Leyton Orient have boosted their defensive ranks with the addition of former Gillingham defender Connor Essam on a one-year deal.
The 23-year-old, who captained National League outfit Dover Athletic last season, has moved to Brisbane Road for an undisclosed fee.
He becomes the O’s seventh signing of the summer and follows hot on the heels of Frazer Shaw’s announcement earlier this afternoon.
Essam and Shaw have been on trial with Orient all summer and have both impressed enough to earn professional contracts.
You may also want to watch:
This transfer also means Essam links up with Ian Hendon and Andy Hessenthaler once again after playing under the duo at Gillingham previously.
He spent five years with the Gills between 2008 and 2013, but was never able to earn a regular spot in the first team.
- 1 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 2 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 5 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 6 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 7 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 8 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 9 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 10 Gun seized after woman tells police she was threatened in Whitechapel
A spell with Crawley Town followed before he shone in non league with Dover and now he’ll hope to remain in the professional game with the O’s.