Even bus tickets should run on time’—like trains
Dear Ed, I HAVE launched a campaign to persuade the Mayor of London to introduce one hour’ transferable bus tickets. Similar schemes operate in many other cities including Paris, Rome and Brussels. It really is time London caught up
I HAVE launched a campaign to persuade the Mayor of London to introduce 'one hour' transferable bus tickets.
Similar schemes operate in many other cities including Paris, Rome and Brussels. It really is time London caught up.
You can switch between lines on the London Underground on the same ticket or same oyster card journey.
You may also want to watch:
But if you switch buses, you are charged twice, even using Oyster pay-as-you-go. That's not fair and needs to change.
One hour tickets would make bus travel attractive to people who often don't think of it and could even lead to people using their cars less, especially for short trips, or for getting to those places where there's no direct bus route and you have to switch from bus to bus.
So I have begun the campaign petition online and am looking for public support to get a fair deal on the buses.
- 1 Tower Hamlets votes to keep directly-elected mayoral post
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 3 Early front-runners for Leyton Orient managerial vacancy
- 4 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 5 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 6 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 7 Mum praises 'amazing' NHS staff who saved 'precious' tot's life
- 8 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'
- 9 Teenager arrested after 13-year-old stabbed in Isle of Dogs
- 10 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
Liberal Democrat Transport Spokesperson
Transport Committee Deputy Chair
Queen's Walk, Southwark