Even bus tickets should run on time’—like trains
Dear Ed, I HAVE launched a campaign to persuade the Mayor of London to introduce one hour’ transferable bus tickets. Similar schemes operate in many other cities including Paris, Rome and Brussels. It really is time London caught up
I HAVE launched a campaign to persuade the Mayor of London to introduce 'one hour' transferable bus tickets.
Similar schemes operate in many other cities including Paris, Rome and Brussels. It really is time London caught up.
You can switch between lines on the London Underground on the same ticket or same oyster card journey.
You may also want to watch:
But if you switch buses, you are charged twice, even using Oyster pay-as-you-go. That's not fair and needs to change.
One hour tickets would make bus travel attractive to people who often don't think of it and could even lead to people using their cars less, especially for short trips, or for getting to those places where there's no direct bus route and you have to switch from bus to bus.
So I have begun the campaign petition online and am looking for public support to get a fair deal on the buses.
- 1 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 2 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 3 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 4 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 5 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 6 Authorities urged to act against 'terrifying' Isle of Dogs car races
- 7 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
- 8 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 9 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 10 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
Liberal Democrat Transport Spokesperson
Transport Committee Deputy Chair
Queen's Walk, Southwark