Ewe won’t believe it—sheep sheering in London’s East End
EWE would not believe your eyes over the holiday weekend—sheep-shearing in the middle of London’s inner urban East End. Farm volunteers demonstrate the old Australian tradition during the Sheep & Wool Fayre Spitalfields City Farm over Bank Holiday weekend
By Jessica Mudditt
EWE would not believe your eyes over the holiday weekend—sheep-shearing in the middle of London’s inner urban East End.
Farm volunteers demonstrate the old Australian tradition during the Sheep & Wool Fayre at Spitalfields City Farm over Bank Holiday weekend.
It was a snip giving rare breeds of British sheep a quick short-back-and-sides, to the delight of visitors who were also shown how to spin yarn, knit, crochet and weave.
You may also want to watch:
Children made their very own take-home toy sheep. Many followed one another like lambs to the slaughter to have their faces painted like sheep.
They weren't being sheepish, of course.
- 1 Fire breaks out in flat near New Providence Wharf tower block
- 2 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 3 Dog festival gets go-ahead for Isle of Dogs, of all places
- 4 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 5 Trains being tested on Crossrail's Elizabeth line up to four an hour
- 6 Pedestrian struck by motorcycle in critical condition following Stepney collision
- 7 'Stop building more towers,' MP at protest after New Providence Wharf fire
- 8 South Africa and Indian Covid variants found in Shoreditch and Dalston
- 9 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job
- 10 Battle lost to save historic Whitechapel bell foundry