ExCel Centre set for Caribbean taste with UK Rumfest
- Credit: Archant
Revellers can grab a bottle of rum to fill their tums this weekend as a two-day festival brings a taste of the Caribbean to the Docklands.
The UK Rumfest at the ExCel Exhibition Centre this weekend is promising punters a journey of discovery, in what is being billed as the world’s largest celebration of rum culture.
Seasoned drinkers and rum rookies alike will be catered for during the festival, which will feature a collection of bars serving up tipples from around the globe.
Ian Burrell, who is founder of organising group the Rum Experience, said: “Our ambitions are to propel the rum category even further within the industry and to educate those who are eager to learn and discover.
“Those who know me well understand the great passion and love I have for rum and it’s with great pleasure to be able to create an event to be enjoyed by all.”
You may also want to watch:
The event – aimed squarely at over 18s – will also see cocktails being shaken and stirred by some of the best mixologists in the business as they conjure up treats using some of the best rums around.
Premium tipples and some of the rarest bottles in the world at the Connoisseur’s Cove bar area, appearing for the first time in the festival’s seven year history.
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 2 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 6 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 7 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 8 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 9 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
“Through the creation of the brand new Connoisseur’s Cove area we will deliver a platform for premium and exclusive rum brands to showcase their products to a wanting and discerning audience, yet maintaining the carnival traditions with the rum bars and brands featuring within the main arena,” organiser Ian promised.
And for those with a longing to shake their own cocktails, master classes, talks and seminars will be on offer from industry experts and mixologists.
Fortunately, punters looking to line their stomachs will have ample opportunity thanks to the tropical food market serving up delicious Caribbean treats throughout the festival.
For more information and tickets for the event, on Saturday 12 October and Sunday 13 October, visit: http://rumfest.co.uk/.