ExCel Centre set for Caribbean taste with UK Rumfest
- Credit: Archant
Revellers can grab a bottle of rum to fill their tums this weekend as a two-day festival brings a taste of the Caribbean to the Docklands.
The UK Rumfest at the ExCel Exhibition Centre this weekend is promising punters a journey of discovery, in what is being billed as the world’s largest celebration of rum culture.
Seasoned drinkers and rum rookies alike will be catered for during the festival, which will feature a collection of bars serving up tipples from around the globe.
Ian Burrell, who is founder of organising group the Rum Experience, said: “Our ambitions are to propel the rum category even further within the industry and to educate those who are eager to learn and discover.
“Those who know me well understand the great passion and love I have for rum and it’s with great pleasure to be able to create an event to be enjoyed by all.”
The event – aimed squarely at over 18s – will also see cocktails being shaken and stirred by some of the best mixologists in the business as they conjure up treats using some of the best rums around.
Premium tipples and some of the rarest bottles in the world at the Connoisseur’s Cove bar area, appearing for the first time in the festival’s seven year history.
- 1 Single van racks up £36k of fines in Tower Hamlets
- 2 Possible travel disruptions for central London this week
- 3 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 4 County lines drug dealer jailed
- 5 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 6 Leyton Orient progress in FA Cup with huge win over Tranmere
- 7 Delayed Canary Wharf 'portacabin' hotel hopes to open in 2022
- 8 Liveable Streets: Councillors remove some Brick Lane closures after 'backlash'
- 9 Trio accused of Bow Lock murder were 'associates' of victim 'Aqil' Mahdi
- 10 Man masturbates on Central line train in front of two women
“Through the creation of the brand new Connoisseur’s Cove area we will deliver a platform for premium and exclusive rum brands to showcase their products to a wanting and discerning audience, yet maintaining the carnival traditions with the rum bars and brands featuring within the main arena,” organiser Ian promised.
And for those with a longing to shake their own cocktails, master classes, talks and seminars will be on offer from industry experts and mixologists.
Fortunately, punters looking to line their stomachs will have ample opportunity thanks to the tropical food market serving up delicious Caribbean treats throughout the festival.
For more information and tickets for the event, on Saturday 12 October and Sunday 13 October, visit: http://rumfest.co.uk/.