Silver teaching award for ‘good student outcomes’ given to New City College
- Credit: Mike Brooke+Google
The prestigious Teaching and Excellence Framework award has been given to New City College for this year’s results published by the Office for Students.
This silver rating recognises that students on higher education courses achieve "excellent outcomes" in moving into jobs and careers or onto further study.
The college campuses at Poplar, Stepney and Shoreditch were praised by the Office for Students for their teaching environment, digital and physical teaching resources and having links with employers.
"To be ranked alongside some well-known universities is a great reward," New City's executive head Gerry McDonald said. "This recognises the efforts our teaching staff put in to really make a difference to our students."
The award assessments highlight examples of good outcomes for students in a diverse range of universities, colleges and other higher education institutions.
You may also want to watch:
The number of higher education institutions which have now received the award has reached 283, with 76 getting gold, 132 receiving silver including New City and 61 with bronze.
- 1 Man, 20, found fighting for life at illegal rave in Bow
- 2 Fire breaks out in flat near New Providence Wharf tower block
- 3 Leyton Orient confident next manager will take them to the next level
- 4 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 5 Battle lost to save historic Whitechapel bell foundry
- 6 Trains being tested on Crossrail's Elizabeth line up to four an hour
- 7 Dog festival gets go-ahead for Isle of Dogs, of all places
- 8 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 9 South Africa and Indian Covid variants found in Shoreditch and Dalston
- 10 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?