EXCLUSIVE: Senior source says West Ham boss Grant won’t be sacked
Club deny boss is to be sacked
A senior source at West Ham has claimed Avram Grant will not be sacked as manager tonight.
Strong rumours had circulated in the national media Martin O’Neill will replace the Israeli as boss regardless of today’s game, a claim denied.
“There has been a lot of talk and people trying to put two and two together, but nothing has been said at the club he will be leaving,” the source said.
“It is just a normal day and everyone is concentrating on beating Arsenal. The rumours circulated are not true.”
West Ham are currently bottom of the Premier League but are only two points off safety and are in the semi-final of the Carling Cup.
- 1 Bow man charged with drugs supply and criminal property offences
- 2 Bow man appears in court charged with murder after body found in cemetery
- 3 East End's 'last' Victorian funeral parlour being restored - and opens as burger bar
- 4 Shoreditch floral café blooms at new premises in Bethnal Green
- 5 New Kray twins book to explore lives of gangsters 'aside from the crimes'
- 6 Jailed: Man who robbed and blackmailed men he met on Grindr
- 7 How often do Londoners cycle to work in each borough?
- 8 Councillor says he 'hopes to lose' next election
- 9 Ranjith Kankanamalage death: Man charged with murder
- 10 'Time to end the injustice': Barts staff set to strike amid pay dispute