EXCLUSIVE: Senior source says West Ham boss Grant won’t be sacked
Club deny boss is to be sacked
A senior source at West Ham has claimed Avram Grant will not be sacked as manager tonight.
Strong rumours had circulated in the national media Martin O’Neill will replace the Israeli as boss regardless of today’s game, a claim denied.
“There has been a lot of talk and people trying to put two and two together, but nothing has been said at the club he will be leaving,” the source said.
“It is just a normal day and everyone is concentrating on beating Arsenal. The rumours circulated are not true.”
You may also want to watch:
West Ham are currently bottom of the Premier League but are only two points off safety and are in the semi-final of the Carling Cup.
- 1 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
- 2 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 3 Man found with stab injuries in Stepney
- 4 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 5 Teenager suffers 'life-changing' injuries after alleged attack in Shadwell
- 6 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 7 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 8 Leyton Orient seal first away win of the season at Bristol Rovers
- 9 Travel round-up: Road and rail disruptions this week
- 10 Joe Gallen full of praise for O's forwards in Bristol Rovers victory