EXCLUSIVE: Senior source says West Ham boss Grant won’t be sacked
Club deny boss is to be sacked
A senior source at West Ham has claimed Avram Grant will not be sacked as manager tonight.
Strong rumours had circulated in the national media Martin O’Neill will replace the Israeli as boss regardless of today’s game, a claim denied.
“There has been a lot of talk and people trying to put two and two together, but nothing has been said at the club he will be leaving,” the source said.
“It is just a normal day and everyone is concentrating on beating Arsenal. The rumours circulated are not true.”
You may also want to watch:
West Ham are currently bottom of the Premier League but are only two points off safety and are in the semi-final of the Carling Cup.
- 1 Leyton Orient linked with Omar Beckles, Connor Wood and Paul Smyth
- 2 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 3 Drivers fight Tower Hamlets for years over 'clamping on private land'
- 4 Queen's Birthday Honours: Caterer who gave out free meals gets BEM
- 5 Docklands man pleads guilty to firearms offences
- 6 'Earn while you learn' new degree course for students from any background
- 7 Man 'brandishes gun' in busy Canary Wharf restaurant
- 8 Crossharbour scheme for 2,000 new homes on Isle of Dogs is halted
- 9 Driver threatened at gunpoint in Bromley-by-Bow carjacking
- 10 Plans mooted to change East End MP constituency boundaries