EXCLUSIVE: West Ham boss Allardyce yet to decide on coaches’ futures
Little decided on the coaching front
Sam Allardyce has revealed that coaches that are currently at West Ham will have the opportunity to keep their jobs under his regime.
The former Blackburn man has the reputation for remaining loyal to those who have worked under him in previous jobs and although Neil McDonald, who was his number two at Blackburn will take up the same position at Upton Park, Allardyce admitted little else had been sorted out.
“Neil McDonald will be my assistant at the club, but I don’t know if some of the staff that were there last season have already left the club, but those are still there will be come pre-season training on July 1st,” he said.
“From then on we will move forward and add personnel when we see fit but at the moment I am busy getting everything in place for the start of pre-season.”
You may also want to watch:
That could mean good news for out of contract duo Wally Downes and Steve Lomas.
Downes was brought in as a defensive coach by former boss Avram Grant, while Lomas replaced Alex Dyer in late January.
- 1 Trial date set for MP Apsana Begum charged with 'housing fraud'
- 2 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 3 Friends of John Pierce compiling 'book of memories' for his family
- 4 Trees now up for 'adoption' to help make East End greener
- 5 Docklands man pleads guilty to firearms offences
- 6 Police renew appeal over disappearance of man last seen in Poplar
- 7 Man 'brandishes gun' in busy Canary Wharf restaurant
- 8 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 9 Plans mooted to change East End MP constituency boundaries
- 10 Queen's Birthday Honours: Caterer who gave out free meals gets BEM
Both were only signed on short term deals and it was expected their affiliation to the club would end but it seems Allardyce does not wish to rule anything out at this early stage.
For all the latest West Ham news, analysis, opinion and features follow me on twitter at www.twitter.com/MattDiner_ELA