EXCLUSIVE: West Ham boss Allardyce yet to decide on coaches’ futures
Little decided on the coaching front
Sam Allardyce has revealed that coaches that are currently at West Ham will have the opportunity to keep their jobs under his regime.
The former Blackburn man has the reputation for remaining loyal to those who have worked under him in previous jobs and although Neil McDonald, who was his number two at Blackburn will take up the same position at Upton Park, Allardyce admitted little else had been sorted out.
“Neil McDonald will be my assistant at the club, but I don’t know if some of the staff that were there last season have already left the club, but those are still there will be come pre-season training on July 1st,” he said.
“From then on we will move forward and add personnel when we see fit but at the moment I am busy getting everything in place for the start of pre-season.”
That could mean good news for out of contract duo Wally Downes and Steve Lomas.
Downes was brought in as a defensive coach by former boss Avram Grant, while Lomas replaced Alex Dyer in late January.
- 1 Jailed: Rapist who repeatedly attacked woman in her own home
- 2 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
- 3 Man arrested over two separate rape allegations - one previously unknown to police
- 4 Lib Dem candidate for Tower Hamlets mayor announced
- 5 One per cent council tax rise planned with borough set for balanced budget
- 6 Come Dine With Me calls on east London restaurants for new show
- 7 Olympian burglary: Men with links to Plaistow and Isle of Dogs wanted
- 8 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 9 Wanted: Man known to commit offences on train and tube network
- 10 Ex football boss sets up fans club to increase diversity at England games
Both were only signed on short term deals and it was expected their affiliation to the club would end but it seems Allardyce does not wish to rule anything out at this early stage.
For all the latest West Ham news, analysis, opinion and features follow me on twitter at www.twitter.com/MattDiner_ELA