EXCLUSIVE: West Ham boss Allardyce yet to decide on coaches’ futures
Little decided on the coaching front
Sam Allardyce has revealed that coaches that are currently at West Ham will have the opportunity to keep their jobs under his regime.
The former Blackburn man has the reputation for remaining loyal to those who have worked under him in previous jobs and although Neil McDonald, who was his number two at Blackburn will take up the same position at Upton Park, Allardyce admitted little else had been sorted out.
“Neil McDonald will be my assistant at the club, but I don’t know if some of the staff that were there last season have already left the club, but those are still there will be come pre-season training on July 1st,” he said.
“From then on we will move forward and add personnel when we see fit but at the moment I am busy getting everything in place for the start of pre-season.”
You may also want to watch:
That could mean good news for out of contract duo Wally Downes and Steve Lomas.
Downes was brought in as a defensive coach by former boss Avram Grant, while Lomas replaced Alex Dyer in late January.
- 1 Whitechapel murder victim named as teenager charged with killing
- 2 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 3 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 4 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 5 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 6 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 7 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 8 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 9 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 10 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
Both were only signed on short term deals and it was expected their affiliation to the club would end but it seems Allardyce does not wish to rule anything out at this early stage.
For all the latest West Ham news, analysis, opinion and features follow me on twitter at www.twitter.com/MattDiner_ELA