Consultation launches on Stepney housing estate transformation
- Credit: Google Maps
Have your say on plans to transform a Stepney housing estate.
Swan Housing Association is inviting people who live on the Exmouth Estate, just off Commercial Road, to share their views on a proposed redevelopment.
A detailed plan is being created but the intention is to create 250 new homes as well as community facilities, new shops and green spaces. There will also be a series of environmental improvements.
Swan has been consulting with those living on or near the estate since October last year, and a second round of consultation events is set to take place from Tuesday, September 8 to Thursday, September 10.
This will take place online due to coronavirus restrictions and is designed to gather feedback on details such as building heights, outdoor spaces and commercial facilities.
You may also want to watch:
For more information and to take part, visit exmouthresidents.co.uk
A planning application is due to be submitted to Tower Hamlets Council early next year.
- 1 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 2 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 3 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 4 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 5 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 6 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 7 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 8 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 9 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided