Eye witness' account of tragic cyclist's last moments
A FELLLOW cyclist has told of the horrific last moments of a woman killed in a crash with a lorry in Whitechapel last week. Charity worker Andy Dangerfield tried in vain to save 26-year-old Chrystelle Brown after she was crushed under the wheels of an art
A FELLLOW cyclist has told of the horrific last moments of a woman killed in a crash with a lorry in Whitechapel last week.
Charity worker Andy Dangerfield tried in vain to save 26-year-old Chrystelle Brown after she was crushed under the wheels of an articulated lorry at the junction of Vallance Road and Whitechapel Road while on her daily cycle commute to work.
Andy, 33, was cycling west along Whitechapel Road around 6.30am last Wednesday morning when he saw the tragic accident play out before his eyes.
First on the scene, he put fitness instructor Chrystelle in the recovery position and tried to keep her conscious before racing off on his bike to fetch an ambulance.
Andy is now in contact with Chrystelle's boyfriend Kieran Mullarkey and her family who have started a campaign to get the layout of the junction made safer.
"I was asking her name but she couldn't speak. She was barely conscious and it seemed like time stood still while the paramedics worked on her." Good Samaritan cyclist's horrific ordeal interview in Thursday's East London Advertiser.
- 1 Bow man charged with drugs supply and criminal property offences
- 2 Bow man appears in court charged with murder after body found in cemetery
- 3 Shoreditch floral café blooms at new premises in Bethnal Green
- 4 East End's 'last' Victorian funeral parlour being restored - and opens as burger bar
- 5 Jailed: Man who robbed and blackmailed men he met on Grindr
- 6 New Kray twins book to explore lives of gangsters 'aside from the crimes'
- 7 How often do Londoners cycle to work in each borough?
- 8 Councillor says he 'hopes to lose' next election
- 9 Ranjith Kankanamalage death: Man charged with murder
- 10 New boy Brown 'buzzing' to help Leyton Orient