Eye witness' account of tragic cyclist's last moments
A FELLLOW cyclist has told of the horrific last moments of a woman killed in a crash with a lorry in Whitechapel last week. Charity worker Andy Dangerfield tried in vain to save 26-year-old Chrystelle Brown after she was crushed under the wheels of an art
A FELLLOW cyclist has told of the horrific last moments of a woman killed in a crash with a lorry in Whitechapel last week.
Charity worker Andy Dangerfield tried in vain to save 26-year-old Chrystelle Brown after she was crushed under the wheels of an articulated lorry at the junction of Vallance Road and Whitechapel Road while on her daily cycle commute to work.
Andy, 33, was cycling west along Whitechapel Road around 6.30am last Wednesday morning when he saw the tragic accident play out before his eyes.
First on the scene, he put fitness instructor Chrystelle in the recovery position and tried to keep her conscious before racing off on his bike to fetch an ambulance.
You may also want to watch:
Andy is now in contact with Chrystelle's boyfriend Kieran Mullarkey and her family who have started a campaign to get the layout of the junction made safer.
"I was asking her name but she couldn't speak. She was barely conscious and it seemed like time stood still while the paramedics worked on her." Good Samaritan cyclist's horrific ordeal interview in Thursday's East London Advertiser.
- 1 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 2 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
- 3 Man found with stab injuries in Stepney
- 4 Teenager suffers 'life-changing' injuries after alleged attack in Shadwell
- 5 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 6 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 7 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 8 Leyton Orient seal first away win of the season at Bristol Rovers
- 9 Travel round-up: Road and rail disruptions this week
- 10 Joe Gallen full of praise for O's forwards in Bristol Rovers victory