Eye witness' account of tragic cyclist's last moments
A FELLLOW cyclist has told of the horrific last moments of a woman killed in a crash with a lorry in Whitechapel last week. Charity worker Andy Dangerfield tried in vain to save 26-year-old Chrystelle Brown after she was crushed under the wheels of an art
A FELLLOW cyclist has told of the horrific last moments of a woman killed in a crash with a lorry in Whitechapel last week.
Charity worker Andy Dangerfield tried in vain to save 26-year-old Chrystelle Brown after she was crushed under the wheels of an articulated lorry at the junction of Vallance Road and Whitechapel Road while on her daily cycle commute to work.
Andy, 33, was cycling west along Whitechapel Road around 6.30am last Wednesday morning when he saw the tragic accident play out before his eyes.
First on the scene, he put fitness instructor Chrystelle in the recovery position and tried to keep her conscious before racing off on his bike to fetch an ambulance.
You may also want to watch:
Andy is now in contact with Chrystelle's boyfriend Kieran Mullarkey and her family who have started a campaign to get the layout of the junction made safer.
"I was asking her name but she couldn't speak. She was barely conscious and it seemed like time stood still while the paramedics worked on her." Good Samaritan cyclist's horrific ordeal interview in Thursday's East London Advertiser.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 10 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family