Orient drawn away to FA Trophy holders in quarter-finals
- Credit: Archant
Justin Edinburgh’s team will travel to National League North side Brackley Town in the last eight of the competition
Leyton Orient have been drawn away to FA Trophy holders Brackley Town in the last eight of the competition.
The O’s progressed into the quarter-finals thanks to Jamie Turley’s 84th-minute header at home to Blyth Spartans on Saturday.
After seeing off one National League North side, Justin Edinburgh’s team will have to do the same again on February 23 if they are to qualify for the semi-finals.
It is a tricky draw for Orient and is arguably the tie of the round given Brackley won the tournament last season.
You may also want to watch:
The Saints triumphed in the most dramatic of fashion at Wembley Stadium against Bromley on May 20.
Roger Johnson’s own-goal in the sixth minute of stoppage time sent the game to extra time and Town won 5-4 on penalties despite missing their first spot-kick.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 4 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 5 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 6 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 7 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 8 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 9 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 10 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
Orient can expect a stern examination in Northamptonshire and will hope they can avoid a second consecutive quarter-final exit in the competition.