FA Trophy draw: Orient at home, Daggers visit Hill’s Fleet
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Justin Edinburgh’s men will entertain Beaconsfield Town in the first round while Peter Taylor’s Daggers visit Ebbsfleet United
The draw for the first round of the FA Trophy took place this afternoon and Leyton Orient and Dagenham & Redbridge discovered their opponents live on talkSPORT 2.
In the end it was a kind draw for Justin Edinburgh’s O’s, who are top of the National League table after 21 games.
Orient will play host to Buckinghamshire-based Beaconsfield Town with the Rams plying their trade in the Southern League Premier Division South.
Town defeated Leiston 3-1 on Saturday to reach the first round and give themselves a chance of a memorable first round tie.
You may also want to watch:
The winner of the clash in E10 will pocket £6,000 and O’s will fancy their chances of making it through.
Peter Taylor’s Dagenham have a much trickier tie with the Victoria Road club set to visit league rivals Ebbsfleet United on December 15.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 4 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 5 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 8 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 9 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 10 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
The game will see Daggers go up against their former manager Garry Hill, who took over at the Kent outfit earlier this month.