FA Women’s Premier League South East Division One: Leyton Orient’s Women bring home campaign to an end with Stevenage clash
- Credit: Archant
Chris Brayford will hope to see his talented squad bounce back on Sunday from a defeat to MK Dons last time out on April 29
Leyton Orient’s Women end their home campaign in the FA Women’s Premier League South East Division One on Sunday when Stevenage Ladies visit their temporary Bayliss Avenue home.
Chris Brayford’s side will play the match at Sporting Club Thamesmead with their usual Mile End Stadium venue out of action and Brisbane Road not available.
After a defeat last time out, 6-2 at home to MK Dons, the O’s will look to respond in a positive way.
Orient are fourth in the table despite their defeat two weeks ago and two places and seven points better off than Stevenage.
You may also want to watch:
When speaking to the official club website, captain Danielle Griffiths said: “Stevenage have got results against some of the top teams in this league and we know from our previous encounter (2-0 win) that they can be very difficult to break down.
“We will need to be at the top of our game to get a result and, given it is the penultimate game of our season, we want to get three points to finish our first season in the WPL positively.”
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 5 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 8 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 9 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
Kick-off at Sporting Club Thamesmead is 2pm and the O’s women would appreciate any extra support.