Families evacuate night blaze in East End block of flats
Else Kvist FAMILIES were avacuated when fire broke out at a block of flats on the Ilse of Dogs in East London during trhe night. Eight fire crews were called in to tackle the blaze in the four-storey building
FAMILIES were evacuated when fire broke out at their block of flats on the Isle of Dogs in East London during the night.
Eight fire crews were called in to tackle the blaze in the four-storey building at Tiller Road in Cubitt Town on Sunday night.
They had the fire under control by 1pm. A quarter of the roof and part of the third floor was damaged, but there were no injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Fire investigators are still at the building this-morning looking into the cause of the blaze.
- 1 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 2 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 3 Whitechapel murder victim named as teenager charged with killing
- 4 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 5 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 6 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 9 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 10 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single