Families evacuate night blaze in East End block of flats
Else Kvist FAMILIES were avacuated when fire broke out at a block of flats on the Ilse of Dogs in East London during trhe night. Eight fire crews were called in to tackle the blaze in the four-storey building
FAMILIES were evacuated when fire broke out at their block of flats on the Isle of Dogs in East London during the night.
Eight fire crews were called in to tackle the blaze in the four-storey building at Tiller Road in Cubitt Town on Sunday night.
They had the fire under control by 1pm. A quarter of the roof and part of the third floor was damaged, but there were no injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Fire investigators are still at the building this-morning looking into the cause of the blaze.
- 1 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 2 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 3 Two hospitalised as 60 firefighters tackle blaze in Stratford
- 4 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 5 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 6 Why some families can't leave Bow's 'dangerous structure' tower block
- 7 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 8 Tower hamlets killing: £20,000 reward offered as two men sought for queries
- 9 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 10 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week