Families evacuate night blaze in East End block of flats
Else Kvist FAMILIES were avacuated when fire broke out at a block of flats on the Ilse of Dogs in East London during trhe night. Eight fire crews were called in to tackle the blaze in the four-storey building
FAMILIES were evacuated when fire broke out at their block of flats on the Isle of Dogs in East London during the night.
Eight fire crews were called in to tackle the blaze in the four-storey building at Tiller Road in Cubitt Town on Sunday night.
They had the fire under control by 1pm. A quarter of the roof and part of the third floor was damaged, but there were no injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Fire investigators are still at the building this-morning looking into the cause of the blaze.
- 1 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 2 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 3 Ice cream parlour with 'no added sugar' to open in Canary Wharf
- 4 Fire Brigade deluged with calls for help as floods sweep east London
- 5 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 6 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 7 Community patrols to stamp out Poplar's street crime
- 8 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
- 9 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 10 Poplar and Limehouse MP's trial on housing fraud charges set to start