Families out planting when it’s springtime in Spitalfields
YOU can tell when it’s spring in Spitalfields—families are out plating flowers to brighten up their housing estate. They came up with the idea for sprucing up the neighbourhood in London’s East End with a bit of seasonal colour
YOU can tell when it’s spring in Spitalfields—families are out plating flowers to brighten up their housing estate.
They came up with the idea for sprucing up the neighbourhood in London’s East End with a bit of seasonal colour.
Their landlords, Tower Hamlets Community Housing, came up with the cash to lay out several raised flower beds and a stack of different plants and shrubs.
The mums and dads wanted to see more greenery, so they came along with their kids to spend the sunny weekend putting in the plants.
You may also want to watch:
The project to green up’ the Spitalfields Estate in Hanbury-street brought a real sense of community spirit’ as volunteers young and old got stuck in.
Residents told the housing organization they wanted to brighten up the area to put pride back into their neighbourhood. (Picture by Mina Rahman)
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 3 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 4 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 7 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 8 Pressure on government to provide laptops for lockdown learning
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower