Families out planting when it’s springtime in Spitalfields
YOU can tell when it’s spring in Spitalfields—families are out plating flowers to brighten up their housing estate. They came up with the idea for sprucing up the neighbourhood in London’s East End with a bit of seasonal colour
YOU can tell when it’s spring in Spitalfields—families are out plating flowers to brighten up their housing estate.
They came up with the idea for sprucing up the neighbourhood in London’s East End with a bit of seasonal colour.
Their landlords, Tower Hamlets Community Housing, came up with the cash to lay out several raised flower beds and a stack of different plants and shrubs.
The mums and dads wanted to see more greenery, so they came along with their kids to spend the sunny weekend putting in the plants.
You may also want to watch:
The project to green up’ the Spitalfields Estate in Hanbury-street brought a real sense of community spirit’ as volunteers young and old got stuck in.
Residents told the housing organization they wanted to brighten up the area to put pride back into their neighbourhood. (Picture by Mina Rahman)
- 1 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 2 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 3 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 4 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 5 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 6 New pizza restaurant opening with drag and disco party
- 7 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 8 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 9 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines