Families out planting when it’s springtime in Spitalfields
YOU can tell when it’s spring in Spitalfields—families are out plating flowers to brighten up their housing estate. They came up with the idea for sprucing up the neighbourhood in London’s East End with a bit of seasonal colour
YOU can tell when it’s spring in Spitalfields—families are out plating flowers to brighten up their housing estate.
They came up with the idea for sprucing up the neighbourhood in London’s East End with a bit of seasonal colour.
Their landlords, Tower Hamlets Community Housing, came up with the cash to lay out several raised flower beds and a stack of different plants and shrubs.
The mums and dads wanted to see more greenery, so they came along with their kids to spend the sunny weekend putting in the plants.
You may also want to watch:
The project to green up’ the Spitalfields Estate in Hanbury-street brought a real sense of community spirit’ as volunteers young and old got stuck in.
Residents told the housing organization they wanted to brighten up the area to put pride back into their neighbourhood. (Picture by Mina Rahman)
- 1 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 2 Queen's Birthday Honours: Caterer who gave out free meals gets BEM
- 3 Docklands man pleaded guilty to firearms offences
- 4 Man 'brandishes gun' in busy Canary Wharf restaurant
- 5 Working classes 'being pushed out by East End's gentrification'
- 6 Crossharbour scheme for 2,000 new homes on Isle of Dogs is halted
- 7 Driver threatened at gunpoint in Bromley-by-Bow carjacking
- 8 Plans mooted to change East End MP constituency boundaries
- 9 Police search park in Poplar after report of stabbing
- 10 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets