Fashion's 'green queens' up for eco award
TWO talented green queens have been shortlisted for an eco-prize at the Ultimate Women of the Year Awards. Annika Sanders, 36, and Kerry Seager, 35, run Brick Lane boutique with a difference Junky Styling and have combined their passion for fashion with
TWO talented "green queens" have been shortlisted for an eco-prize at the Ultimate Women of the Year Awards.
Annika Sanders, 36, and Kerry Seager, 35, run Brick Lane boutique with a difference Junky Styling and have combined their passion for fashion with top green credentials.
The pair have now been shortlisted in the Ultimate Green Queen category fo9r the awards run by Cosmopolitan magazine.
Kerry, who lives in Hackney Wick, and Annika started out their business when they were "skint teenagers" by converting second-hand men's suits into directional women's clothing.
You may also want to watch:
They now employ a team of five, recycling second-hand pieces of material into high-fashion clothes and helping customers restyle and re-use pieces from their own wardrobes.
Kerry said: "It's good at the moment, because the recession has made people evaluate the way they shop and invest in pieces that don't fall apart.
- 1 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 2 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 3 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 4 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 5 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 6 Authorities urged to act against 'terrifying' Isle of Dogs car races
- 7 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
- 8 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 9 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 10 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
"Plus our clothes are timeless, so they don't have to chuck them in the bin after a year."
Fans include Gwen Stefani, Sadie Frost and Russell Brand.
The Cosmopolitan Ultimate Women of the Year Awards will take place at Whitehall's Banqueting House on November 11.