Fashion's 'green queens' up for eco award
TWO talented green queens have been shortlisted for an eco-prize at the Ultimate Women of the Year Awards. Annika Sanders, 36, and Kerry Seager, 35, run Brick Lane boutique with a difference Junky Styling and have combined their passion for fashion with
TWO talented "green queens" have been shortlisted for an eco-prize at the Ultimate Women of the Year Awards.
Annika Sanders, 36, and Kerry Seager, 35, run Brick Lane boutique with a difference Junky Styling and have combined their passion for fashion with top green credentials.
The pair have now been shortlisted in the Ultimate Green Queen category fo9r the awards run by Cosmopolitan magazine.
Kerry, who lives in Hackney Wick, and Annika started out their business when they were "skint teenagers" by converting second-hand men's suits into directional women's clothing.
You may also want to watch:
They now employ a team of five, recycling second-hand pieces of material into high-fashion clothes and helping customers restyle and re-use pieces from their own wardrobes.
Kerry said: "It's good at the moment, because the recession has made people evaluate the way they shop and invest in pieces that don't fall apart.
- 1 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 2 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job
- 3 100,000 people in Tower Hamlets have had first Covid jab
- 4 Hot tub and BBQ boats relaunched at Canary Wharf
- 5 'Stop building more towers,' MP at protest after New Providence Wharf fire
- 6 MP's fury at four-year delay removing Grenfell-type cladding from block
- 7 Man, 19, stabbed in Stepney Green Park
- 8 Tower Hamlets votes to keep directly-elected mayoral post
- 9 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 10 Trains being tested on Crossrail's Elizabeth line up to four an hour
"Plus our clothes are timeless, so they don't have to chuck them in the bin after a year."
Fans include Gwen Stefani, Sadie Frost and Russell Brand.
The Cosmopolitan Ultimate Women of the Year Awards will take place at Whitehall's Banqueting House on November 11.