Fashion's 'green queens' up for eco award
TWO talented green queens have been shortlisted for an eco-prize at the Ultimate Women of the Year Awards. Annika Sanders, 36, and Kerry Seager, 35, run Brick Lane boutique with a difference Junky Styling and have combined their passion for fashion with
TWO talented "green queens" have been shortlisted for an eco-prize at the Ultimate Women of the Year Awards.
Annika Sanders, 36, and Kerry Seager, 35, run Brick Lane boutique with a difference Junky Styling and have combined their passion for fashion with top green credentials.
The pair have now been shortlisted in the Ultimate Green Queen category fo9r the awards run by Cosmopolitan magazine.
Kerry, who lives in Hackney Wick, and Annika started out their business when they were "skint teenagers" by converting second-hand men's suits into directional women's clothing.
You may also want to watch:
They now employ a team of five, recycling second-hand pieces of material into high-fashion clothes and helping customers restyle and re-use pieces from their own wardrobes.
Kerry said: "It's good at the moment, because the recession has made people evaluate the way they shop and invest in pieces that don't fall apart.
- 1 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 2 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 5 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 6 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 7 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 8 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 9 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
"Plus our clothes are timeless, so they don't have to chuck them in the bin after a year."
Fans include Gwen Stefani, Sadie Frost and Russell Brand.
The Cosmopolitan Ultimate Women of the Year Awards will take place at Whitehall's Banqueting House on November 11.