Fashion's 'green queens' up for eco award
TWO talented green queens have been shortlisted for an eco-prize at the Ultimate Women of the Year Awards. Annika Sanders, 36, and Kerry Seager, 35, run Brick Lane boutique with a difference Junky Styling and have combined their passion for fashion with
TWO talented "green queens" have been shortlisted for an eco-prize at the Ultimate Women of the Year Awards.
Annika Sanders, 36, and Kerry Seager, 35, run Brick Lane boutique with a difference Junky Styling and have combined their passion for fashion with top green credentials.
The pair have now been shortlisted in the Ultimate Green Queen category fo9r the awards run by Cosmopolitan magazine.
Kerry, who lives in Hackney Wick, and Annika started out their business when they were "skint teenagers" by converting second-hand men's suits into directional women's clothing.
They now employ a team of five, recycling second-hand pieces of material into high-fashion clothes and helping customers restyle and re-use pieces from their own wardrobes.
Kerry said: "It's good at the moment, because the recession has made people evaluate the way they shop and invest in pieces that don't fall apart.
- 1 Bow man charged with drugs supply and criminal property offences
- 2 Bow man appears in court charged with murder after body found in cemetery
- 3 East End's 'last' Victorian funeral parlour being restored - and opens as burger bar
- 4 Shoreditch floral café blooms at new premises in Bethnal Green
- 5 New Kray twins book to explore lives of gangsters 'aside from the crimes'
- 6 How often do Londoners cycle to work in each borough?
- 7 Jailed: Man who robbed and blackmailed men he met on Grindr
- 8 Councillor says he 'hopes to lose' next election
- 9 Ranjith Kankanamalage death: Man charged with murder
- 10 'Time to end the injustice': Barts staff set to strike amid pay dispute
"Plus our clothes are timeless, so they don't have to chuck them in the bin after a year."
Fans include Gwen Stefani, Sadie Frost and Russell Brand.
The Cosmopolitan Ultimate Women of the Year Awards will take place at Whitehall's Banqueting House on November 11.