Fashionistas weigh in as Vintage Kilo Sale comes to Bethnal Green’s York Hall
You get your fruit and veg weighed at the supermarket, but have you ever put your new outfit on the scales before you pay?
This is the idea behind the Vintage Kilo Sale, which is coming to Bethnal Green next weekend.
At the sale, shoppers can pay for their fashion finds by weight. One kilo of clothes will cost just �15.
Marketing Manager Kieran Leckey said: “We just wanted to do something really East End – something no frills and a bit chintzy.
“We’re going to have about 150 rails of stock. It’ll literally a free for all.”
You may also want to watch:
There will be 10 tonnes of vintage to choose from at the sale, including dresses, denim, shorts, jumpers and accessories. Entrance will be �1.
The event is organised by the start-up company Judy’s Affordable Vintage Fair, which was set up in 2007.
- 1 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 2 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 5 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 6 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 7 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 8 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 9 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 10 Gun seized after woman tells police she was threatened in Whitechapel
The Vintage Kilo Sale will be held in York Hall, Old Ford Road on March 2 from 4 – 7pm and on March 3 from 11am – 4pm.
See www.thevintagekilo.co.uk for more information.