Fashionistas weigh in as Vintage Kilo Sale comes to Bethnal Green’s York Hall
You get your fruit and veg weighed at the supermarket, but have you ever put your new outfit on the scales before you pay?
This is the idea behind the Vintage Kilo Sale, which is coming to Bethnal Green next weekend.
At the sale, shoppers can pay for their fashion finds by weight. One kilo of clothes will cost just �15.
Marketing Manager Kieran Leckey said: “We just wanted to do something really East End – something no frills and a bit chintzy.
“We’re going to have about 150 rails of stock. It’ll literally a free for all.”
There will be 10 tonnes of vintage to choose from at the sale, including dresses, denim, shorts, jumpers and accessories. Entrance will be �1.
The event is organised by the start-up company Judy’s Affordable Vintage Fair, which was set up in 2007.
- 1 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 2 Liveable Streets: Councillors remove some Brick Lane closures after 'backlash'
- 3 Housing association apologises after sewage leaks at Isle of Dogs tower blocks
- 4 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 5 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?
- 6 Man masturbates on Central line train in front of two women
- 7 Leyton Orient could send goalkeeper Sargeant back out on loan
- 8 County lines drug dealer jailed
- 9 Masks, PCR tests and boosters: New measures to combat Omicron variant
- 10 Things to do in east London this weekend
The Vintage Kilo Sale will be held in York Hall, Old Ford Road on March 2 from 4 – 7pm and on March 3 from 11am – 4pm.
See www.thevintagekilo.co.uk for more information.