Fashionistas weigh in as Vintage Kilo Sale comes to Bethnal Green’s York Hall
You get your fruit and veg weighed at the supermarket, but have you ever put your new outfit on the scales before you pay?
This is the idea behind the Vintage Kilo Sale, which is coming to Bethnal Green next weekend.
At the sale, shoppers can pay for their fashion finds by weight. One kilo of clothes will cost just �15.
Marketing Manager Kieran Leckey said: “We just wanted to do something really East End – something no frills and a bit chintzy.
“We’re going to have about 150 rails of stock. It’ll literally a free for all.”
You may also want to watch:
There will be 10 tonnes of vintage to choose from at the sale, including dresses, denim, shorts, jumpers and accessories. Entrance will be �1.
The event is organised by the start-up company Judy’s Affordable Vintage Fair, which was set up in 2007.
- 1 Man, 20, found fighting for life at illegal rave in Bow
- 2 Fire breaks out in flat near New Providence Wharf tower block
- 3 Leyton Orient confident next manager will take them to the next level
- 4 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 5 Dog festival gets go-ahead for Isle of Dogs, of all places
- 6 Battle lost to save historic Whitechapel bell foundry
- 7 Trains being tested on Crossrail's Elizabeth line up to four an hour
- 8 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 9 Pedestrian struck by motorcycle in critical condition following Stepney collision
- 10 South Africa and Indian Covid variants found in Shoreditch and Dalston
The Vintage Kilo Sale will be held in York Hall, Old Ford Road on March 2 from 4 – 7pm and on March 3 from 11am – 4pm.
See www.thevintagekilo.co.uk for more information.