Fashionistas weigh in as Vintage Kilo Sale comes to Bethnal Green’s York Hall
You get your fruit and veg weighed at the supermarket, but have you ever put your new outfit on the scales before you pay?
This is the idea behind the Vintage Kilo Sale, which is coming to Bethnal Green next weekend.
At the sale, shoppers can pay for their fashion finds by weight. One kilo of clothes will cost just �15.
Marketing Manager Kieran Leckey said: “We just wanted to do something really East End – something no frills and a bit chintzy.
“We’re going to have about 150 rails of stock. It’ll literally a free for all.”
You may also want to watch:
There will be 10 tonnes of vintage to choose from at the sale, including dresses, denim, shorts, jumpers and accessories. Entrance will be �1.
The event is organised by the start-up company Judy’s Affordable Vintage Fair, which was set up in 2007.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Ice cream parlour with 'no added sugar' to open in Canary Wharf
- 4 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
- 5 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 6 Fire Brigade deluged with calls for help as floods sweep east London
- 7 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 8 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 9 'Set deadline to remove cladding,' Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 10 Man arrested following triple stabbing in Isle of Dogs
The Vintage Kilo Sale will be held in York Hall, Old Ford Road on March 2 from 4 – 7pm and on March 3 from 11am – 4pm.
See www.thevintagekilo.co.uk for more information.