Female cyclist, 27, in a critical but stable condition after Wapping crash
A female cyclist who was knocked down by a lorry in Wapping on Friday is in a critical but stable condition.
The collision happened at 9.30am on the junction of Dock Street and the Highway and left the 27-yer-old woman with serious injuries.
She was taken to the Royal London Hospital with a fractured pelvis alongside other injuries.
Police confirmed shortly after the crash that the male driver stopped at the scene.
He was arrested on suspicion of careless driving and taken to an east London police station where he was bailed to return on December 5.
You may also want to watch:
The collision was the second involving a cyclist in the area in recent weeks.
A fortnight ago, 58-year-old Brian Dorling was killed when his bike collided with tipper lorry on the junction of Bow Road and Payne Road.
- 1 Police bid to trace man in connection with Tube station sex assault
- 2 Jailed: Bethnal Green man who tried to buy hand grenade to use on police
- 3 'We need more Covid vaccines,' Tower Hamlets mayor warns
- 4 Rabina Khan: What we must do five years on from Brexit referendum
- 5 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 6 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 7 Trial date set for MP Apsana Begum charged with 'housing fraud'
- 8 Unmesh Desai: 'Councillor's sudden death leaves huge void'
- 9 Friends of John Pierce compiling 'book of memories' for his family
- 10 Tower Hamlets youth worker on lack of funding for vital services