Female cyclist, 27, in a critical but stable condition after Wapping crash
A female cyclist who was knocked down by a lorry in Wapping on Friday is in a critical but stable condition.
The collision happened at 9.30am on the junction of Dock Street and the Highway and left the 27-yer-old woman with serious injuries.
She was taken to the Royal London Hospital with a fractured pelvis alongside other injuries.
Police confirmed shortly after the crash that the male driver stopped at the scene.
He was arrested on suspicion of careless driving and taken to an east London police station where he was bailed to return on December 5.
You may also want to watch:
The collision was the second involving a cyclist in the area in recent weeks.
A fortnight ago, 58-year-old Brian Dorling was killed when his bike collided with tipper lorry on the junction of Bow Road and Payne Road.
- 1 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 2 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 3 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 4 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 5 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 6 Authorities urged to act against 'terrifying' Isle of Dogs car races
- 7 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
- 8 'That is what this club is about' as Mark Noble wants to find West Ham fan
- 9 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 10 Man found with stab injuries in Stepney