Female cyclist, 27, in a critical but stable condition after Wapping crash
A female cyclist who was knocked down by a lorry in Wapping on Friday is in a critical but stable condition.
The collision happened at 9.30am on the junction of Dock Street and the Highway and left the 27-yer-old woman with serious injuries.
She was taken to the Royal London Hospital with a fractured pelvis alongside other injuries.
Police confirmed shortly after the crash that the male driver stopped at the scene.
He was arrested on suspicion of careless driving and taken to an east London police station where he was bailed to return on December 5.
You may also want to watch:
The collision was the second involving a cyclist in the area in recent weeks.
A fortnight ago, 58-year-old Brian Dorling was killed when his bike collided with tipper lorry on the junction of Bow Road and Payne Road.
- 1 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 2 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 5 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 6 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 7 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 8 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 9 Disgraceful management of the pandemic