Female cyclist dead after collision at Bow roundabout
- Credit: Archant
A woman cyclist was pronounced dead after a collision with a lorry near the Bow roundabout this morning.
Police and paramedics were called to the scene at 8.45am but the woman, who has not been named, was pronounced dead.
The driver of the lorry, a man, was assessed at the scene but did not need to go to hospital.
The incident is the second collision involving a cyclist in Tower Hamlets in just days.
On Monday evening, Claire Pepper, 27, was trapped under a Volkswagen Golf following a collision.
You may also want to watch:
A group of ten heroic bystanders freed her by flipped the car off her, allowing paramedics to treat her.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 7 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 8 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 Pressure on government to provide laptops for lockdown learning