Female cyclist dead after collision at Bow roundabout
- Credit: Archant
A woman cyclist was pronounced dead after a collision with a lorry near the Bow roundabout this morning.
Police and paramedics were called to the scene at 8.45am but the woman, who has not been named, was pronounced dead.
The driver of the lorry, a man, was assessed at the scene but did not need to go to hospital.
The incident is the second collision involving a cyclist in Tower Hamlets in just days.
On Monday evening, Claire Pepper, 27, was trapped under a Volkswagen Golf following a collision.
You may also want to watch:
A group of ten heroic bystanders freed her by flipped the car off her, allowing paramedics to treat her.
- 1 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 2 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 3 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 4 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 5 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 6 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 7 Why some families can't leave Bow's 'dangerous structure' tower block
- 8 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 9 Police called as furious families told to quit Bow's 'dangerous' block
- 10 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift