Film composer shares her love of movies with pupils
HOLLYWOOD film music composer Seanine Joyce dropped in to an East London school to share her enthusiasm for the movies. Seanine wrote the score for Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and Corpse Bride and met children from St Matthias s School s Film Club
HOLLYWOOD film music composer Seanine Joyce dropped in to an East London school to share her enthusiasm for the movies.
Seanine wrote the score for Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and Corpse Bride and met children from St Matthias's School's Film Club in Bethnal Green who have enjoyed movies featuring her music.
She visited the Bacon Street school in Bethnal Green as part of FILMCLUB's close encounters scheme which gives children a chance to meet people involved in movie-making.
Teacher Dolores Forcadell, said: "St Matthias is a small school and our FILMCLUBhas about 12 regular members, aged eight to 10. Films we've watched include Kes, Madagascar, Duck Soup, City of Ember, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, the BFG and Two Brothers.
You may also want to watch:
"The children love watching and discussing films as a group, and FILMCLUB has definitely increased the concentration of those who are easily distracted."
FILMCLUB offers 2,000 schools nationwide free access to movies.
- 1 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 2 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 3 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 4 Tower Hamlets votes to keep directly-elected mayoral post
- 5 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 6 New Providence Wharf fire: Two in hospital and 42 treated at scene
- 7 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 8 Early front-runners for Leyton Orient managerial vacancy
- 9 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 10 New Providence Wharf: The four-year fight to remove 'Grenfell cladding'