Film composer shares her love of movies with pupils
HOLLYWOOD film music composer Seanine Joyce dropped in to an East London school to share her enthusiasm for the movies. Seanine wrote the score for Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and Corpse Bride and met children from St Matthias s School s Film Club
HOLLYWOOD film music composer Seanine Joyce dropped in to an East London school to share her enthusiasm for the movies.
Seanine wrote the score for Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and Corpse Bride and met children from St Matthias's School's Film Club in Bethnal Green who have enjoyed movies featuring her music.
She visited the Bacon Street school in Bethnal Green as part of FILMCLUB's close encounters scheme which gives children a chance to meet people involved in movie-making.
Teacher Dolores Forcadell, said: "St Matthias is a small school and our FILMCLUBhas about 12 regular members, aged eight to 10. Films we've watched include Kes, Madagascar, Duck Soup, City of Ember, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, the BFG and Two Brothers.
You may also want to watch:
"The children love watching and discussing films as a group, and FILMCLUB has definitely increased the concentration of those who are easily distracted."
FILMCLUB offers 2,000 schools nationwide free access to movies.
- 1 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 2 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 3 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 4 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 5 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 6 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat in east London from climate emergency
- 7 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 8 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 9 Contractors host Macmillan Coffee Morning before Stepney restorations begin
- 10 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid