Film composer shares her love of movies with pupils
HOLLYWOOD film music composer Seanine Joyce dropped in to an East London school to share her enthusiasm for the movies. Seanine wrote the score for Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and Corpse Bride and met children from St Matthias s School s Film Club
HOLLYWOOD film music composer Seanine Joyce dropped in to an East London school to share her enthusiasm for the movies.
Seanine wrote the score for Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and Corpse Bride and met children from St Matthias's School's Film Club in Bethnal Green who have enjoyed movies featuring her music.
She visited the Bacon Street school in Bethnal Green as part of FILMCLUB's close encounters scheme which gives children a chance to meet people involved in movie-making.
Teacher Dolores Forcadell, said: "St Matthias is a small school and our FILMCLUBhas about 12 regular members, aged eight to 10. Films we've watched include Kes, Madagascar, Duck Soup, City of Ember, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, the BFG and Two Brothers.
You may also want to watch:
"The children love watching and discussing films as a group, and FILMCLUB has definitely increased the concentration of those who are easily distracted."
FILMCLUB offers 2,000 schools nationwide free access to movies.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 4 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 5 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 8 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 9 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided