Film-makers lead End End heritage pub trail
A MOVIE featuring images of the East End over the last 30 years will be screened before drinkers head off on a heritage pub trail of some of East London s most historic pubs. The film features work by Phil Maxwell and Hazuam Hashim and documents the peo
A MOVIE featuring images of the East End over the last 30 years will be screened before drinkers head off on a heritage pub trail of some of East London's most historic pubs.
The film features work by Phil Maxwell and Hazuam Hashim and documents the people and places of the East End and the changes which have taken place over the last 30 years.
The duo have sifted through images they have taken over three decades for the film which is part of the East End Film Festival.
It will be screened at the Waterpoet pub in Folgate Street at 6.30pm on Monday April 26 before the film-makers lead a tour of pubs in Spitalfields and Whitechapel.
You may also want to watch:
The pub trail takes in ten pubs including artists' favourite The Golden Heart on Commercial Street and the Blind Beggar on Whitechapel Road which features in any history of the Krays.
- 1 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 2 Poplar MP acquitted of Tower Hamlets housing fraud
- 3 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 4 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 5 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 6 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 7 Unlocked rooms created 'radiation exposure risk' at hospital, inspectors report
- 8 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 9 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road
- 10 Jury sent home for the day in MP Apsana Begum's trial on housing fraud charges