Film-makers lead End End heritage pub trail
A MOVIE featuring images of the East End over the last 30 years will be screened before drinkers head off on a heritage pub trail of some of East London s most historic pubs. The film features work by Phil Maxwell and Hazuam Hashim and documents the peo
A MOVIE featuring images of the East End over the last 30 years will be screened before drinkers head off on a heritage pub trail of some of East London's most historic pubs.
The film features work by Phil Maxwell and Hazuam Hashim and documents the people and places of the East End and the changes which have taken place over the last 30 years.
The duo have sifted through images they have taken over three decades for the film which is part of the East End Film Festival.
It will be screened at the Waterpoet pub in Folgate Street at 6.30pm on Monday April 26 before the film-makers lead a tour of pubs in Spitalfields and Whitechapel.
You may also want to watch:
The pub trail takes in ten pubs including artists' favourite The Golden Heart on Commercial Street and the Blind Beggar on Whitechapel Road which features in any history of the Krays.
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 4 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 5 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 6 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto