Film-makers lead End End heritage pub trail
A MOVIE featuring images of the East End over the last 30 years will be screened before drinkers head off on a heritage pub trail of some of East London s most historic pubs. The film features work by Phil Maxwell and Hazuam Hashim and documents the peo
A MOVIE featuring images of the East End over the last 30 years will be screened before drinkers head off on a heritage pub trail of some of East London's most historic pubs.
The film features work by Phil Maxwell and Hazuam Hashim and documents the people and places of the East End and the changes which have taken place over the last 30 years.
The duo have sifted through images they have taken over three decades for the film which is part of the East End Film Festival.
It will be screened at the Waterpoet pub in Folgate Street at 6.30pm on Monday April 26 before the film-makers lead a tour of pubs in Spitalfields and Whitechapel.
You may also want to watch:
The pub trail takes in ten pubs including artists' favourite The Golden Heart on Commercial Street and the Blind Beggar on Whitechapel Road which features in any history of the Krays.
- 1 Leyton Orient reportedly down to final three candidates
- 2 Leyton Orient confident next manager will take them to the next level
- 3 Man, 20, found fighting for life at illegal rave in Bow
- 4 Spitalfields banner unfurled to express solidarity with Palestine
- 5 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 6 South Africa and Indian Covid variants found in Shoreditch and Dalston
- 7 Fire breaks out in flat near New Providence Wharf tower block
- 8 Bethnal Green martial arts gym launches fundraiser to expand outreach
- 9 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 10 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed