Film, TV and photographic opportunities for the East End's unemployed
BUDDING David Baileys and Danny Boyles could snap up their share of grants worth almost �150,000 to support the East End s future film and photographic talent. The London Development Agency s 2012 London Cultural Skills fund has donated the cash to Bethna
BUDDING David Baileys and Danny Boyles could snap up their share of grants worth almost �150,000 to support the East End's future film and photographic talent.
The London Development Agency's 2012 London Cultural Skills fund has donated the cash to Bethnal Green-based film school Four Corners for a photography project called Photo Finish.
Four Corners has also received a Government Hardship Grant of �100,000 for Digital Futures, a new film and TV training scheme.
Photo Finish aims to support 16 unemployed East Enders into developing a career in photography in areas including sport, advertising, editorial, photojournalism and fashion.
The free project will provide skills training, mentoring and portfolio development, as well as intern opportunities with professional photographers.
Participants will work towards a final exhibition of work at Four Corners' Gallery, covering East End young people preparing for the Olympics and Paralympics.
- 1 Section 60 in place across Tower Hamlets after Stepney stabbing
- 2 'A horrific attack': Man suffers critical head injuries from Shoreditch fight
- 3 'Lucky' escape: Family flees Bethnal Green fire thanks to fire alarms
- 4 Mile End: Car crashes into bus stop during police pursuit
- 5 Jailed: 9 east London offenders put behind bars in April
- 6 Night Tube services to return on Jubilee line next week
- 7 Baby boy died from 'whiplash' injuries caused by shaking, trial hears
- 8 12 people charged following east London drugs bust
- 9 Wiley wanted after court no-show amid assault and burglary charges
- 10 Aspire 'will work for everyone in Tower Hamlets' after winning majority
The Digital Futures scheme will run from February to August, providing specialist training in film and TV craft and production skills, along with opportunities for industry work placements for 40 unemployed people in Tower Hamlets, Hackney and Newham.
The Photo Finish open day at Four Corners in Roman Road is on Tuesday (Jan 12) and the closing date for entries is Monday, January 18.
The Digital Futures open day is on Tuesday, January 26 from 11am-4pm and the closing date for applications is February 1.
Visit www.fourcornersfilm.co.uk for more information.