Film, TV and photographic opportunities for the East End's unemployed
BUDDING David Baileys and Danny Boyles could snap up their share of grants worth almost �150,000 to support the East End s future film and photographic talent. The London Development Agency s 2012 London Cultural Skills fund has donated the cash to Bethna
BUDDING David Baileys and Danny Boyles could snap up their share of grants worth almost �150,000 to support the East End's future film and photographic talent.
The London Development Agency's 2012 London Cultural Skills fund has donated the cash to Bethnal Green-based film school Four Corners for a photography project called Photo Finish.
Four Corners has also received a Government Hardship Grant of �100,000 for Digital Futures, a new film and TV training scheme.
Photo Finish aims to support 16 unemployed East Enders into developing a career in photography in areas including sport, advertising, editorial, photojournalism and fashion.
You may also want to watch:
The free project will provide skills training, mentoring and portfolio development, as well as intern opportunities with professional photographers.
Participants will work towards a final exhibition of work at Four Corners' Gallery, covering East End young people preparing for the Olympics and Paralympics.
- 1 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 3 New Providence Wharf fire: Two in hospital and 42 treated at scene
- 4 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 5 New Providence Wharf: The four-year fight to remove 'Grenfell cladding'
- 6 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 7 Street food and farmers' market return to City Island
- 8 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 9 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 10 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
The Digital Futures scheme will run from February to August, providing specialist training in film and TV craft and production skills, along with opportunities for industry work placements for 40 unemployed people in Tower Hamlets, Hackney and Newham.
The Photo Finish open day at Four Corners in Roman Road is on Tuesday (Jan 12) and the closing date for entries is Monday, January 18.
The Digital Futures open day is on Tuesday, January 26 from 11am-4pm and the closing date for applications is February 1.
Visit www.fourcornersfilm.co.uk for more information.