Finance Director 2014 awards open in shadow of East End’s Mind Candy
- Credit: Mind Candy
Business bosses have just a week to enter the 2014 Finance Directors awards and follow last year’s runaway success of Mind Candy entrepreneurs in London’s East End.
The 10th annual awards are looking for the person who has gone beyond their brief to contribute to other parts of the business or the local community.
The first-ever winner of the ‘Inspirational Financial Director of the Year’ category was Divinia Knowles in 2013, who runs Mind Candy in the rapidly-expanding Old Street Silicon Roundabout community.
Judges were impressed with her “passion and enthusiasm for her role, her commitment to the firm’s charity projects in Africa and the fast growth the company has achieved.”
She is the driving force behind the company which has developed from a small start-up to a multi-million pound tech-success with its Moshi Monsters, one of the world’s fastest-growing online games for kids with 80 million signed-up so far.
You may also want to watch:
The company’s HQ in Bonhill Street, Shoreditch, is said to be “the coolest on the planet”, designed for creative inspiration. It is currently recruiting for creative techies to join its team.
“We’re working on several top-secret projects,” their spokesman revealed. “We’re always tinkering with new tools, so there are opportunities to get your tech teeth into something truly game changing.”
Nominations for the 2014 Finance Directors Awards close February 28, for categories including ‘Accountancy Firm’, ‘Business Bank’ or ‘Recruitment Agency of the Year’ as well as ‘Financial Software Supplier of the Year’.
- 1 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 4 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 5 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 6 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 7 CCTV images released of missing man last seen at Bow Road Station
- 8 Tower hamlets killing: £20,000 reward offered as two men sought for queries
- 9 O’s seeking to end winless run of three games with win over struggling Saddlers
- 10 'Utterly horrific': Tower Hamlets MPs react to Sir David Amess stabbing
A shortlist will be drawn up based on financial research by data specialists Jordans and independently judged by a ‘Dragon’s Den’ academy of experts. The winners are revealed at a glitzy ceremony on May 1 at the London Marriott Hotel.