Fire crews called to blaze in Bethnal Green block of flats
Fire crews are tackling a blaze on the fourth-floor of a block of flats in London’s East End.
The blaze broke out in a front bedroom of the block at Temple Street in Bethnal Green at 3.15pm.
At least one person is reported to be involved, but it’s not known yet if they were injured or had to be rescued.
Some 20 fire-fighters are at the building tackling the outbreak at the moment.
Emergency crews have been mobilised from Bethnal Green, Shadwell, Kingsland and Homerton fire-stations.
You may also want to watch:
A crew from Walthamsatow is at the scene which had been on standby duty at Bethnal Green because the local crew has been on training.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 4 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 7 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 8 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 9 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 10 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park