Fire crews called to blaze in Bethnal Green block of flats
Fire crews are tackling a blaze on the fourth-floor of a block of flats in London’s East End.
The blaze broke out in a front bedroom of the block at Temple Street in Bethnal Green at 3.15pm.
At least one person is reported to be involved, but it’s not known yet if they were injured or had to be rescued.
Some 20 fire-fighters are at the building tackling the outbreak at the moment.
Emergency crews have been mobilised from Bethnal Green, Shadwell, Kingsland and Homerton fire-stations.
You may also want to watch:
A crew from Walthamsatow is at the scene which had been on standby duty at Bethnal Green because the local crew has been on training.
- 1 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 Building new tower block starts on Limehouse Triangle 'wildlife site'
- 4 Capacity at West Ham's London stadium to increase to 62,500
- 5 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 6 Fines totalling £361k handed to East End landlords and agents
- 7 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 8 Study asks: why are canals and rivers a watery lifeline during pandemic?
- 9 Report reveals scale of support offered by council during Covid crisis
- 10 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences