Fireworks display to take place in Victoria Park
- Credit: Rehan Jamil
We may have been experiencing a return of the warmer weather in recent days, but it is mid-October - which means fireworks night isn’t very far away.
A colourful display is set to light up the skies above Victoria Park on Sunday, November 4, with this year’s event inspired by the story of Frankenstein.
Organised by Tower Hamlets Council, the free event will feature an atmospheric soundtrack to accompany the fireworks, and is supported by AEG Presents, producers of the park’s All Points East festival.
Mayor of Tower Hamlets, John Biggs said: “I am delighted that we will continue to host this fantastic event in one of the nation’s favourite parks and we welcome AEG’s support.”
Cllr Amina Ali, cabinet member for culture, arts and brexit added: “The council is famous for its striking, imaginative, and much-loved fireworks displays and this year promises another visual treat for residents.”
You may also want to watch:
The display will begin at 7pm.
- 1 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 2 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 3 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 8 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 9 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 10 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims