First meeting of East London Debating Society to focus on Olympic impact
- Credit: Archant
The newly-formed East London debating society will hold its first public meeting tomorrow night.
Discussion is to focus on the impact of the Olympics on east London, in the first in a series of debates scheduled.
It will be held at the George Tavern in Commercial Road, Shadwell, and is being organised by Tony Koutsoumbos - who also runs a debating society in central London.
He said: “I want to provide a platform for anyone who has something to say about the community they live in, but isn’t sure where to go to say it or how to find other like-minded people who both share and challenge their own views.
“Debating brings people together of all creeds by elevating arguments that stand the test of scrutiny and disposing of prejudice and intolerance.”
You may also want to watch:
Contact Mr Koutsoumbos on 0777 565 7712 for details of future events.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 5 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 6 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 7 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 8 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 9 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 10 How seaweed can help save the planet, east London inventor reveals