First office tenants move into Containerville’s converted metal boxes
- Credit: Estate Office Shoreditch
The first tenants this week move into a new business space facility in London’s East End which uses converted cargo containers turned into offices.
The Containerville business park has finally opened on the site of the old Bethnal Green gasworks.
The project marketed by Estate Office Shoreditch is targeted at “young creatives in search of affordable workspace”.
It has 30 converted containers next to the Regent’s Canal where new entrepreneurs are “free to grow organically” with low rent and minimal overheads.
“Nearly a third of the containers were pre-let before we refitted them,” the company’s projects manager Phil Bouette explained. “They have had a total refit and transformed into fully-functioning offices for up to five people each.
You may also want to watch:
“This week marks a special occasion for us, welcoming our first tenants to their new community.”
A whole container can be rented for £1,200 a month all in, or individual desk spaces at £320 a month.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
Landscaping around the containers has been designed for collaboration and integration between different tenants. Businesses can share containers or work in partnership. Shared outdoor space has been landscaped overlooking the canal.
Containerville is within walking distance of Victoria Park, Broadway Market and London Fields, round the corner from Cambridge Heath station, two stops from Liverpool Street, and 15 minutes from Old Street’s Tech City district.
Estate Office Shoreditch is a family-business which has owned and managed properties around Shoreditch since the mid-1960s.