Fishy business in Bow as tiny Garrarufa ‘doctor’ fish nibble your feet
A new spa has opened in the East End where you plunge your feet into a tank and have dozens of little fish nibble away at them.
Moshiur Rahman got the idea while on holiday in Turkey, where the treatment was invented.
Dozens of customers turned up when he opened his Aqua Feet parlour in Roman Road in Bow last Thursday.
“I didn’t really think it would materialise,” said the 25-year-old IT entrepreneur. “But I was determined to see it through.
“This natural pedicure is a new treatment that works on hardened skin and works particularly well on eczema and psoriasis.”
You may also want to watch:
He has imported 1,500 tiny Garrarufa fish, known in Turkey as doctor fish, that swim in the 10 filtered tanks he has set up.
Staff wash customers’ feet first before they are dipped into the tepid water—and the little ‘doctor’ fish go to work straight away, nibbling heels, soles and between toes, cleaning off the hard stuff.
- 1 Police bid to trace man in connection with Tube station sex assault
- 2 Jailed: Bethnal Green man who tried to buy hand grenade to use on police
- 3 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 4 'We need more Covid vaccines,' Tower Hamlets mayor warns
- 5 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 6 Rabina Khan: What we must do five years on from Brexit referendum
- 7 Trial date set for MP Apsana Begum charged with 'housing fraud'
- 8 Unmesh Desai: 'Councillor's sudden death leaves huge void'
- 9 Friends of John Pierce compiling 'book of memories' for his family
- 10 Whitechapel lab to research East End's high throat cancer rates