Fishy business in Bow as tiny Garrarufa ‘doctor’ fish nibble your feet
A new spa has opened in the East End where you plunge your feet into a tank and have dozens of little fish nibble away at them.
Moshiur Rahman got the idea while on holiday in Turkey, where the treatment was invented.
Dozens of customers turned up when he opened his Aqua Feet parlour in Roman Road in Bow last Thursday.
“I didn’t really think it would materialise,” said the 25-year-old IT entrepreneur. “But I was determined to see it through.
“This natural pedicure is a new treatment that works on hardened skin and works particularly well on eczema and psoriasis.”
You may also want to watch:
He has imported 1,500 tiny Garrarufa fish, known in Turkey as doctor fish, that swim in the 10 filtered tanks he has set up.
Staff wash customers’ feet first before they are dipped into the tepid water—and the little ‘doctor’ fish go to work straight away, nibbling heels, soles and between toes, cleaning off the hard stuff.
- 1 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 2 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 3 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 4 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 5 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 6 Why some families can't leave Bow's 'dangerous structure' tower block
- 7 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 8 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 9 Tower hamlets killing: £20,000 reward offered as two men sought for queries
- 10 Families start moving out of unsafe tower block in Bow