Fitzpatrick: Arrogance of this Labour MP
Dear Ed, I AM APPALLED as a constituent of Jim Fitzpatrick’s by the arrogance of this Labour MP and his wife. It begs the question: Just who does he think he is?
I AM APPALLED as a constituent of Jim Fitzpatrick's by the arrogance of this Labour MP and his wife. It begs the question: Just who does he think he is? (East London Advertiser and website, August 13).
His ignorance and rudeness are symptomatic of the desperate state of the Labour party, which is haemorrhaging past supporters to the extremes of politics.
Fitzpatrick seems to have forgotten that it was somebody else's day. It was their arrangements (segregated congregation) and their business, nobody else's.
In return, Fitzpatrick succeeded in turning the happiest day of their lives into a PR stunt.
The problem is that his party traded in social cohesion for multi-culturalism. Labour panders to the whims of every minority, and by which has created a hierarchy of rights in which each and every group now vies for supremacy.
Segregated weddings are by no means exclusive to Islam. I take it he has not attended a Jewish (Ultra Orthodox) wedding recently.
- 1 Section 60 in place across Tower Hamlets after Stepney stabbing
- 2 'A horrific attack': Man suffers critical head injuries from Shoreditch fight
- 3 Mile End: Car crashes into bus stop during police pursuit
- 4 Night Tube services to return on Jubilee line next week
- 5 Jailed: 9 east London offenders put behind bars in April
- 6 Baby boy died from 'whiplash' injuries caused by shaking, trial hears
- 7 12 people charged following east London drugs bust
- 8 Wiley wanted after court no-show amid assault and burglary charges
- 9 Aspire 'will work for everyone in Tower Hamlets' after winning majority
- 10 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
He has simply experienced the reality of multi-culturalism. His party has propagated it for over a decade now. If he can't handle it, he shouldn't preach it.
It really is a sad day when a government minister blames his Muslim constituents for his own party's incompetence.
Caledonian Wharf, Cubitt Town, Isle of Dogs