Fitzpatrick: Arrogance of this Labour MP
Dear Ed, I AM APPALLED as a constituent of Jim Fitzpatrick’s by the arrogance of this Labour MP and his wife. It begs the question: Just who does he think he is?
I AM APPALLED as a constituent of Jim Fitzpatrick's by the arrogance of this Labour MP and his wife. It begs the question: Just who does he think he is? (East London Advertiser and website, August 13).
His ignorance and rudeness are symptomatic of the desperate state of the Labour party, which is haemorrhaging past supporters to the extremes of politics.
Fitzpatrick seems to have forgotten that it was somebody else's day. It was their arrangements (segregated congregation) and their business, nobody else's.
In return, Fitzpatrick succeeded in turning the happiest day of their lives into a PR stunt.
You may also want to watch:
The problem is that his party traded in social cohesion for multi-culturalism. Labour panders to the whims of every minority, and by which has created a hierarchy of rights in which each and every group now vies for supremacy.
Segregated weddings are by no means exclusive to Islam. I take it he has not attended a Jewish (Ultra Orthodox) wedding recently.
- 1 Tower Hamlets votes to keep directly-elected mayoral post
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 3 Early front-runners for Leyton Orient managerial vacancy
- 4 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 5 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 6 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 7 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'
- 8 Mum praises 'amazing' NHS staff who saved 'precious' tot's life
- 9 Teenager arrested after 13-year-old stabbed in Isle of Dogs
- 10 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
He has simply experienced the reality of multi-culturalism. His party has propagated it for over a decade now. If he can't handle it, he shouldn't preach it.
It really is a sad day when a government minister blames his Muslim constituents for his own party's incompetence.
Caledonian Wharf, Cubitt Town, Isle of Dogs