Fitzpatrick: It was reception, not religious practice
Dear Ed, MAYBE Jim Fitzpatrick was a less than tactful in making his objections to the segregation of women at a wedding
MAYBE Jim Fitzpatrick was a less than tactful in making his objections to the segregation of women at a wedding.
As I see it, the affront to the MP's wife was at the reception, not the religious ceremony where the Muslims might claim that they should be left to worship in their own way. Therefore, he was correct in his protest.
Even after living in London for several years, some Muslims still have not understood that they should treat women as equals. They are insensitive in their refusal to accept that everyone else in the world finds such treatment of women unjust.
You may also want to watch:
Three Colt Lane, Bethnal Green
- 1 Teenager suffers 'life-changing' injuries after alleged attack in Shadwell
- 2 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 3 Truman Brewery offices, shops and restaurants plan gets green light
- 4 Two men rescued from Shadwell flat fire
- 5 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 6 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust
- 7 Truman's Brewery future being debated at Tower Hamlets Council
- 8 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 9 Rape victim speaks out as Met Police relaunch Ask for Angela scheme
- 10 Councillor ex-husband of MP Apsana Begum suspended from Labour Party