Fitzpatrick: Silly season for Labour
Dear Ed, THEY say August is the silly season’ and the Labour MP for Poplar & Canning Town has certainly been living up to this
THEY say August is the 'silly season' and the Labour MP for Poplar & Canning Town has certainly been living up to this (East London Advertiser and website, August 13).
What sort of person goes to the wedding of someone he admits he doesn't know, only to walk out because he doesn't approve of the arrangements-then blabs about it to the press as an example of where multicultural Britain is going wrong?
Not only is this behaviour rude but also incredibly out of touch. Is it really the case that after being the MP for 12 years Jim Fitzpatrick has only just decided to speak out about the problems facing multi-cultural Britain?
I have attended the weddings of friends with faiths different to my own and believe that on this, the most important day of their lives, guests should celebrate the day in the manner of the couple's choosing, or decline the invitation.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Tim Archer (Con)
Tower Hamlets Council
- 1 Jury sent home for the day in MP Apsana Begum's trial on housing fraud charges
- 2 Poplar MP acquitted of Tower Hamlets housing fraud
- 3 Jailed: Cyclist who rode off after fatal collision with 'gentleman', 72
- 4 Highest point reached on new homes in disused Bethnal Green car park
- 5 Unlocked rooms created 'radiation exposure risk' at hospital, inspectors report
- 6 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 7 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 8 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 9 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 10 Leyton Orient sign Theo Archibald on loan from Lincoln City
Parliamentary Candidate for Poplar & Limehouse
Saundersness Road, Cubitt Town, Isle of Dogs