Fitzpatrick: Silly season for Labour
Dear Ed, THEY say August is the silly season’ and the Labour MP for Poplar & Canning Town has certainly been living up to this
THEY say August is the 'silly season' and the Labour MP for Poplar & Canning Town has certainly been living up to this (East London Advertiser and website, August 13).
What sort of person goes to the wedding of someone he admits he doesn't know, only to walk out because he doesn't approve of the arrangements-then blabs about it to the press as an example of where multicultural Britain is going wrong?
Not only is this behaviour rude but also incredibly out of touch. Is it really the case that after being the MP for 12 years Jim Fitzpatrick has only just decided to speak out about the problems facing multi-cultural Britain?
I have attended the weddings of friends with faiths different to my own and believe that on this, the most important day of their lives, guests should celebrate the day in the manner of the couple's choosing, or decline the invitation.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Tim Archer (Con)
Tower Hamlets Council
- 1 Leyton Orient confident next manager will take them to the next level
- 2 Man, 20, found fighting for life at illegal rave in Bow
- 3 Fire breaks out in flat near New Providence Wharf tower block
- 4 South Africa and Indian Covid variants found in Shoreditch and Dalston
- 5 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 6 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 7 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 8 Dog festival gets go-ahead for Isle of Dogs, of all places
- 9 Battle lost to save historic Whitechapel bell foundry
- 10 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job
Parliamentary Candidate for Poplar & Limehouse
Saundersness Road, Cubitt Town, Isle of Dogs