Five held in murder probe after man is impaled
FIVE people are being held for questioning by police in a murder investigation following the death of 20-year-old David Cauchi-Lechmere in East London early Saturday morning. David was at a party in Beckton when a disturbance broke out at 3am
FIVE people are being held for questioning by police in a murder investigation following the death of 20-year-old David Cauchi-Lechmere in East London early Saturday morning.
David was at a party in Beckton when a disturbance broke out at 3am with 30 people involved in a running street battle outside.
Police called to the house found him bleeding from a puncture wound to the body, believed to have been impaled.
You may also want to watch:
He was taken by ambulance to the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel, but died at 4.15pm Saturday afternoon.
His father has told the East London Advertiser today that David had been impaled on a tree stake.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 7 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 8 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 Rotherhithe tunnel to close all next week for urgent repairs
The family were at his bedside at the Royal London when he died. David lived in Shadwell, his father in the Isle of Dogs.
Detectives want to talk to witnesses who were at the party in Henry Addlington Close, Beckton, on Friday night-Saturday morning.
Det Chief Ins Mark Kandiah said: “I am appealing to anyone who attended that party, whether they saw or heard anything or not, to contact us and help this investigation.
“David had been at the party prior to the attack that resulted in his untimely death.”
Witnesses or anyone with information are being urged to call 020-8345 1585, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800-555111.
The five being held include four teenagers aged 17, 18 and 19 and a man of 20, all in custody at various police stations in East London.