Five people rescued or led to safety during flat fire on Isle of Dogs
Three people were treated by medics after five people were rescued or led to safety from a fire at a block of flats on the Isle of Dogs.
The fire gutted the flat on the fourth floor of the block at Meridian Gate in the early hours of Sunday.
A spokesman for London Fire Brigade said an unconscious woman was rescued while four people were led to safety by firefighters.
He said: “We were called at 1.39am and the fire was under control by 02.34am.”
A spokeswoman for London Ambulance said three people were treated by medics from their Air Ambulance Team, who attended in a fast response vehicle.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “We were called at 1.40am. Our staff treated a patient who was in cardiac arrest and who was taken by car to the Royal London Hospital. They also treated a person for burns and a patient taken unwell, who were both also taken to the same hospital.”
Crews from Millwall, Poplar, Shadwell, Plaistow and Greenwich fire stations help put out the fire.The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- 1 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 2 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 3 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 4 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 5 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 6 Why some families can't leave Bow's 'dangerous structure' tower block
- 7 Two hospitalised as 60 firefighters tackle blaze in Stratford
- 8 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 9 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 10 Families start moving out of unsafe tower block in Bow