Five people rescued or led to safety during flat fire on Isle of Dogs
Three people were treated by medics after five people were rescued or led to safety from a fire at a block of flats on the Isle of Dogs.
The fire gutted the flat on the fourth floor of the block at Meridian Gate in the early hours of Sunday.
A spokesman for London Fire Brigade said an unconscious woman was rescued while four people were led to safety by firefighters.
He said: “We were called at 1.39am and the fire was under control by 02.34am.”
A spokeswoman for London Ambulance said three people were treated by medics from their Air Ambulance Team, who attended in a fast response vehicle.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “We were called at 1.40am. Our staff treated a patient who was in cardiac arrest and who was taken by car to the Royal London Hospital. They also treated a person for burns and a patient taken unwell, who were both also taken to the same hospital.”
Crews from Millwall, Poplar, Shadwell, Plaistow and Greenwich fire stations help put out the fire.The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- 1 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 2 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 3 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 4 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 5 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 6 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 7 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 8 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 9 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff