Five-star Tristan Abrahams inspires Leyton Orient to win
- Credit: Archant
Pre-season friendly: Burnham Ramblers 0 Leyton Orient 10 (Ten)
Tristan Abrahams scored five times, as Leyton Orient smashed Burnham Ramblers 10-0 at Leslie Field Stadium last night in their third pre-season game of the summer.
The O’s were always expected to be too strong for the Essex Senior League club and it proved the case.
Steve Davis managed to give minutes to 18 members of his first-team squad and also hand a debut to talented under-18 attacker Ruel Sotiriou.
Trialist B opened the scoring for Orient after three minutes, as he rifled in off the underside of the crossbar.
You may also want to watch:
Abrahams opened his account 10 minutes later as he made the most of a defensive error to fire home.
The forward added a second with a fine curling effort from 25-yards with 18 minutes on the clock.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 5 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 6 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 9 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 10 Gun seized after woman tells police she was threatened in Whitechapel
O’s Trialist B got in on the act again with half an hour played, as he fired home after cutting inside.
Abrahams was determined not to be outdone and grabbed his hat-trick in the 37th minute after linking up nicely with Josh Koroma.
There was still time for the striker to grab two more before the break, as he came off with five goals and Orient ended up 7-0 in front at half time.
Sotiriou was introduced for his debut at the interval, replacing Abrahams, and almost scored seven minutes into the second half.
Davis made eight changes on the hour mark with Charlie Grainger, Aron Pollock, Dan Happe, Joe Widdowson, Henry Ochieng, Charlie Lee, Steven Alzate and Macauley Bonne coming on.
And six minutes later Alzate showed his class by drilling home from outside the area to make it 8-0.
Sotiriou showed his class in the 69th minute with an excellent finish to demonstrate his talent.
Orient’s under-18 forward then wrapped up the scoring with his second nine minutes from time after Bonne hit the post.
Sotiriou was denied his hat-trick by the crossbar minutes later, but he and O’s could be happy with their work at Burnham.
Leyton Orient: Sargeant (Grainger 60); Judd (Caprice 48), McLean (Pollock 60), Clark (c) (Happe 60), Scales (Widdowson 60); Trialist A (Ochieng 60), Barker (Lee 60), Alderson (Alzate 60); Koroma (Bonne 60), Trialist B, (Abrahams (Sotiriou 45).